What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, March 2015 - Gillette NEW

I change razors daily. Before this month I would get irritation after a few days of continuously using my New. So I would go to a milder razor for a few days. Since I made a mental commitment to use this razor for the entire month , I payed close attention to technique again. Something I had gotten away from. Well several weeks into using my New and I was rewarded with some of my best shaves with no irritation. Makes me wonder if changing my razor every day is a good idea. Also makes me wonder why do I need those other razors.

Last shave of the month last night - replated, post-merger Long-Comb with a Personna Med on one of Toby's Triad handles.
I guess April will just have to be the new NEW month!
$IMG_0122[1].jpg

Which version of the Gilette New I should be getting?

My comfort level of aggressiveness is Merkur Slant , Slim @ 6.

Also, the Gilette "NEW" keyword is too common to be searched in ebay as compared to aristocrat , etc . How do you guys purchase it? I already placed a WTB @ the BST.

Which version of the Gilette New I should be getting?

My comfort level of aggressiveness is Merkur Slant , Slim @ 6.

Also, the Gilette "NEW" keyword is too common to be searched in ebay as compared to aristocrat , etc . How do you guys purchase it? I already placed a WTB @ the BST.
I wouldn't worry about keywords, most of them aren't listed as NEWs.

Try vintage Gillette, Gillette razor, gillette open comb, etc ... if you do your homework, you'll know exactly what to look for and you'll do just fine on eBay.

Good luck with the WTB ad.

I wouldn't worry about keywords, most of them aren't listed as NEWs.

Try vintage Gillette, Gillette razor, gillette open comb, etc ... if you do your homework, you'll know exactly what to look for and you'll do just fine on eBay.

Good luck with the WTB ad.

As long as it's OC and not TTO , it's a NEW ?

I'm a little late to the party, but wanted to add my .02

I'm currently transitioning to full-time straight razor shaving, I love my old New. Bought for $5 at a junk/antique store about 4 years ago and used about everyday, since, it's not a looker, but boy is it ever a great shaver.

I'm a little late to the party, but wanted to add my .02

I'm currently transitioning to full-time straight razor shaving, I love my old New. Bought for $5 at a junk/antique store about 4 years ago and used about everyday, since, it's not a looker, but boy is it ever a great shaver.
They are an amazing razor. I have 4 of them and the one I like best I have nickanmed scruffy, as it has bent corner teeth and no plating ot speak of, but does it give me a great shave.

Finally had a chance to use mine....the shave was amazing!!!! Not aggressive but smooth. Used an Astra SP with TOBS Sandlewood. A perfect razor and blade combo. YMMV of course!!!!

Top Bottom