What's new

RazoRock Baby Smooth DE

i contacted him also via email. but i only posted that because i did not think there would be anything done because it clearly states no returns or exchanges on the web page. in looking at most of everyone's pics except jason they all look near flawless on the corners. so this is my usual luck it seems. my slants i have received were all awesome near flawless you would never know they were prototypes. i understand the policy and its fine. not sure if ill grind the corner down or not... joe did offer an exception of a refund but i knew going in the terms i was just hoping he had a spare top cap maybe. so ill either sand it down somehow or sell it off as it is. i dont hold it against joe as i said i love his stuff and i knew this was a proto. def bummed though because this one was actually going to go to my wife.

Last edited:
+1 on shorter handle. Has anyone tried putting a Weber Bulldog on the Baby Smooth or the Stealth?

I tried my Weber handle .. It screws on fine but the very top of handle is a larger diameter than the baby smooth handle therefore not allowing the Weber handle to fully seat in bottom side of bar in the recessed area which is made for the diameter of the RR handle
... Hope that answers your question

Mine came today, too! Upon inspection it does not appear to have any flaws. I loaded an Astra SP and will shave with it tomorrow morning.

I tried my Weber handle .. It screws on fine but the very top of handle is a larger diameter than the baby smooth handle therefore not allowing the Weber handle to fully seat in bottom side of bar in the recessed area which is made for the diameter of the RR handle
... Hope that answers your question

Exactly the same with my Parker 26c handle, not compatible.

I find that hard to believe. Yes, there is some play....but it doesn't take much to get it straight.

Maybe try a different blade.

I have it seems fine till I tighten it up then it either crooked or uneven exposure $2015-03-09 17.08.30.png $2015-03-09 17.04.44.png$2015-03-09 17.04.44.png

Try shaving with it. I have a feeling it won't make a lot of difference in the shave feel or quality. I've had razor that won't seem to have proper alignment, but I've never noticed any actual shaving issues from them.

The exposure looks even to me but it's hard to tell since the razor head is out of focus. Try retaking the pictures and focusing your camera on the razor head instead of your fingers.

I have it seems fine till I tighten it up then it either crooked or uneven exposure

Last edited:
Mine appears to have no defects and shaves great! Definitely on par with my Progress. The angle seems natural and easy to find. No irritation at all. I didn't use it under my nose, cause I'm growing a mustache for this week for a laugh. Anxious to see how it does there also. I thought I would dislike the light weight, but I didn't mind at all. Keep in mind this is the first shave with it, so we'll see how it goes from here, but I expect good things!

FWIW, My razor didn't get hung up in Rockwell, but they did manage to ship it Capitol Heights MD for some reason instead of Ohio. It got hung up in MD for two+ days!

Baby Smooth is in hand!

Going to give it a nice first run shave tomorrow, and I'm excited. From what I can tell, it looks as awesome as the Stealth Slant, feels the same in the hand, and seems ready to do some shavin'!

Just feedback now, no complaint: It does have some of that threading squeak you guys mentioned, no big deal. The main post, I think, is a little shorter than the Stealths. I'll have to compare to be certain. Doesn't matter at all, but it just felt like it took less screwing to tighten down.

Just a curiosity I'm sharing now. I wonder how it compares to an EJ/Muhle DE89/R89. That guy was my daily driver for a long time, great razor. This Baby Smooth made me think of it for some reason. Not in its looks, obviously lol, but I have a feeling they'll be similar. I will have to look at this further...

I will report back to you guys tomorrow after the shave!

Last edited:
I think I see what hersh77 is talking about. It looks like there is more gap between the edge of the safety bar and the blade on one side of the razor as opposed to the other. Hmmmm…..

Baby Smooth is in hand!

Going to give it a nice first run shave tomorrow, and I'm excited. From what I can tell, it looks as awesome as the Stealth Slant, feels the same in the hand, and seems ready to do some shavin'!

Just feedback now, no complaint: It does have some of that threading squeak you guys mentioned, no big deal. The main post, I think, is a little shorter than the Stealths. I'll have to compare to be certain. Doesn't matter at all, but it just felt like it took less screwing to tighten down.

Just a curiosity I'm sharing now. I wonder how it compares to an EJ/Muhle DE89/R89. That guy was my daily driver for a long time, great razor. This Baby Smooth made me think of it for some reason. Not in its looks, obviously lol, but something about the head design. I will have to look at this further...

I will report back to you guys tomorrow after the shave!

Mine had some grit in the handle when I got it probably from cutting the threads. I got all that grit out and used a little petroleum jelly on the center post threads.

Anyone know why these things show up on the site as available and then disappear a short time later? I was able to snag one earlier tonight, which is great, but I know some other guys that want to give this razor a try, too. Now it's no longer listed on the Italian Barber website. I know Joe doesn't accept returns on these since it's a prototype, so where do these small batches keep flowing in from? I thought for sure once I missed the initial release last week I'd be waiting quite awhile. Glad that wasn't the case. Anyone have any idea on what's happening with the availability of the Baby Smooth?

I believe he releases them in batches to prevent over selling, give everyone a shot and prevent a single mad rush.

Top Bottom