What's new

Recommend a Photo Editing software?

However its only compatible with OS X 10.3.8 or lower, and a Power PC chip, or Windows 2000. Its a good option if you have an old computer lying around though.

Works for me on windows 8. I use lightroom and Cs2 for my photo editing needs.

Interesting. I've not seriously used a PC in over 10 years, so I guess compatibility isn't as big of a deal. As of OS X 10.7 or 8, they stopped support for the old Power PC chips. Up to that point, you could run Rosetta to be able to run PPC apps. If you are running a newer Mac with Yosemite or Mavericks, you won't be able to run it.

While CS2 is a done deal on newer Macs with Intel chips, those on the Windows platform don't have to worry about compatibility nearly as much as Mac users have. Windows has been on Intel (and AMD compatibles...and a few other clone chips) the whole way. CS2 works just fine on the W7 machine I have

If you actually need something that is truely free, try out flickr. I post my photos there but I do my processing in Lightroom/Photoshop, however there is a way to fully edit your photos after uploading them

Lightroom 6 was just released, so you may find a great deal on Lightroom 5.

Hmmm, I might have to upgrade my copy of 4. Didn't realize 6 was coming. I definitely love Lightroom since it's perfectly geared for digital photography. I still keep PS CS3 around for if I need to some heavier duty stuff to a photo. Of course I have no idea what they've added to LR6 so maybe I can finally dump CS3 now too (I'm not doing anything professional just amateur photography).

For the OP if you're looking for something that works pretty well and is free check out Paint .Net. As per their website....

It started development as an undergraduate college senior design project mentored by Microsoft, and is currently being maintained by some of the alumni that originally worked on it.

I use it all the time at work where I don't have access to something like PS or Lightroom in order to quickly format & edit a pic or two when I want to upload something to a forum. The only catch is you must be on Windows to use it.

Top Bottom