What's new

What's under the rubber handle on a Feather Dx Kami?

Looking to add another Feather Dx (and a Mongoose) to exploit the ease of disposable blades... I have a Dx Kamisori.

In my search for another Dx, I am wondering if I can consider another Kami and make a set of custom scales for it.. What's under the rubber handle? Are the folding and non-folding Dx's the same blade with different handles?

From the search I have done, it appears as though the kamisori is not simply a folder with a rubber grip. Judging by where the the engraved logo starts on the shank of the folder and that the logo plate on the handle of the Kami seems to be part of the shank...these two are uniquely different blades...

Can anyone confirm?

I took the rubber off one of the feather kamis, and scaled it. I think Nelson has it now. Nothing weird under there. The logo had to be ground off if I remember correctly. The 'tang' is straight, which works fine but it's a little weird looking.

I took the rubber off one of the feather kamis, and scaled it. I think Nelson has it now. Nothing weird under there. The logo had to be ground off if I remember correctly. The 'tang' is straight, which works fine but it's a little weird looking.

Thanks.. that's what I needed to know..

I'll just buy a folder to rescale.

I still have it, I left it back home so when I visit I don't have to travel with a razor.

Top Bottom