What's new

Mercury 33c

I picked up a Merkur 33c from Amazon today. Should have it in a week or less. Has anybody used one? Pros? Cons? My other two are long handle, so this is my first normal sized razor.
***EDIT***
spellcheck put the Mercury in the title instead of Merkur

Last edited:
I started with a 33c about six weeks ago. I still use it but I use my 34g more often. The 34 has the same head but a heavier handle. The 33 is a nice mild razor and I'll bet you're going to like it.

Been eyeing this razor up as well. Think they are a milder razor but from reading reviews they are really smooth. I really love the Progress, but I think a nice light and milder razor is nice to use when Im in a hurry some mornings. Let us know how you like it. Think this rad is starting to take a hold of me....

Been eyeing this razor up as well. Think they are a milder razor but from reading reviews they are really smooth. I really love the Progress, but I think a nice light and milder razor is nice to use when Im in a hurry some mornings. Let us know how you like it. Think this rad is starting to take a hold of me....
Yep. I know what you mean. I actually look forward to a hot shave now. I'm pretty sure my face feels better too.

The Merkur 33C is my favorite razor. It seems a bit milder than the EJ89 I used to own, but still gives a great shave. The shorter handle does not bother me even though I have bigger hands. It just seems more nimble & easier to shave with than long handle razors I have tried. The other razors I own are the Lord L6, Schick Krona & Gillette Tech open comb. I use the 33C for my every day shaver and the L6 as a travel razor. I don't think you will be disappointed with your 33C.

The 33C was my first good razor. I liked it, but the plating on the cap was a little shoddy. The handle length is fine, but too thin. I broke down and bought a 34C because I "needed" it. AD. Now the 33C sits in the cabinet awaiting my son when he learns to shave. He's 4 now so it might be a while. I might use it again but not while I have the 34C and a few others I rather use first.

Its still a good quality razor for a low price.

Last edited:
I picked up a Merkur 33c from Amazon today. Should have it in a week or less. Has anybody used one? Pros? Cons? My other two are long handle, so this is my first normal sized razor.
***EDIT***
spellcheck put the Mercury in the title instead of Merkur
The 33c is a very fine shaving razor. It's not that glamorous so doesn't get that much notice, but it is a solid performer. IMO t's really not that mild, to me it's more toward the medium part of the spectrum. I've accumulated quite a few razors over the years, but my 33c still sees action, and I always know I'll get a reliably good shave.

Top Bottom