What's new

Dorco blades

Does anyone have a good shave with dorco? And with what razor? Personally for me they suck but I keep going back to them. I don't why I keep coming back to them, stubborn I guess, or maybe I like to be mistreated every once in a while, I don't know. Do you guys have anything like this? Were it mistreats you but for some reason you keep coming back? Not talking about significant others here lol

Tried Dorco, once. Had to be a bad blade, felt like I was pulling a pitchfork across my face. Didn't even finish the first pass before trashing it. Stuck in a different blade, don't recall what, and finished with a nice shave. Keep meaning to try another blade out of that pack, but I have so many great blades in line ahead of it...

I had a twenty pack of them that came with a razor, tried one, will now forever have 19 left.
That's what I said at first but I read somewhere on here to revisit a blade after a technique is learned so I did twice but I think its time to dona... Uhh yea I might just put them to rest.
Had to be a bad blade,
My first thought but after three blades from THREE DIFFERENT packs yea can't be a coincedence.

Tried a couple of them, they gave me mediocre shaves.
For me they are not the worst I have tried, nor the best; as always YMMV.

Some people get very good shaves from.

I have no problem using any of the Dorco blades, but they only last me two shaves. I've read somewhere in B&B that the 300 and 301 are identical blades, only differing in the way they are packaged: 300s in cardboard, 301s in plastic.

I have no problem using any of the Dorco blades, but they only last me two shaves. I've read somewhere in B&B that the 300 and 301 are identical blades, only differing in the way they are packaged: 300s in cardboard, 301s in plastic.

Same here, except I use them for one full head and face shave, 2 passes each, and then toss. Probably about the same blade life as 2 face shaves. I've been going through blade trials in my Fatboy since march, and I got one of my best shaves of the month from a 301.

I used Dorcos in my Merkur 39C. I feel that they gave me a pretty decent shave the first 2 shaves or so, after that it seems like the edge dulls quickly and pulls/tugs more than it cuts. I used all the ones I had, and probably won't buy more.

I don't know? I don't think it's a matter of waiting for technique to improve as I'm not sure how much more it needs to improve. I left the blade in there for 3 shaves to give it an honest go, but the first 2 were awful, and the 3rd I noticed it dulled considerably.

Same here, except I use them for one full head and face shave, 2 passes each, and then toss. Probably about the same blade life as 2 face shaves. I've been going through blade trials in my Fatboy since march, and I got one of my best shaves of the month from a 301.
because of post like your I keep torturing my face... lol I shaved with them the day I started this thread and I can still feel the razor burn :blushing:

I use the Dorco blades I bought all the time. Out in my workshop. The first one went against my face for about 6 nanoseconds. Life is too short....

because of post like your I keep torturing my face... lol I shaved with them the day I started this thread and I can still feel the razor burn :blushing:

YES! I outsmarted another one. Just kidding. I didn't mean for you to keep using them just because I seem to like them. I'll readily admit that my skin must be weird, as there's probably only about 5 of us out of the entire 60,000 that like these.

Attention. There are two different Dorco 300 blades.
Ones are made in Vietnam and are of low quality, the others made in korea are pretty good.
I tried both and are absolutely different blades. So can help why some think at them as good blades and other hate them.

Hmmm... I must be doing something wrong. I usually get a week or two out of them in a Merkur slant. They are the Korean-made ones. not Vietnamese. But I also shave in the shower, so that may have something to do with it. And I tend not to notice the pulling as much in there. They aren't my favorite blade, but I still have lots of them from a wholesale lot I picked up on ebay, so they get used fairly often. I will have to try the out of the shower and see how long they last then.

-Mb

301's in a Tech are my go to for DE. There are better blades but not necessarily a better value. YMMV.

Top Bottom