What's new

scottish rookie

changed from cartridge to de bout month ago. im using merkur 34c with personna, have found my skin has improved dramatically[cleared razor bumps,which i once got on a daily basis]. my shave isnt great yet but its presentable hoping it improves as my technique gets better. so any one any tips on technique especially blade angle?
ps.....great site,great info, cheers

Hi and welcome to B&B

I found a similar effect on my skin when I make the switch although it probably took two to three months before the bumps and ingrown disappeared completely. It just takes time for these things to sort themselves out after a change.

With regards to blade angle there are lots of good articles and videos around but I'm guessing you've seen many of these. As you will have found though there is no substitute for "hands on" understanding of your razor.

thanks for welcome, your right about hands on but also good to get feedback from the more experienced

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Miller; Welcome to B&B! A shallow angle (blade to face) is most efficient; Some razors allow this more than others depending on design.

proxy.php

Welcome to B&B

Drop into the Shave Wiki and read over some of the shaving articles. http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/ You will find a LOT of useful info in there.

If you have not already done so, stop into the Hall of Fame and tell everyone a little about yourself

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/30-Hall-of-Fame

Hello and welcome, Miller. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to B&B! Yes, there is lots of info here to help you with the all important blade angle. When I first started, I would rest the cap of the razor against my skin, gradually increasing the angle until I could sense it starting to cut. I'm sure I read this technique on the forum somewhere. Good luck and have fun!

Welcome. You got the links listed. All that stuff here on B&B is great. Read it and experiment! I will add that the move from cartridges to DE for me was accompanied by a fair bit of holding the handle too steep (as it is done for Gillette Fusion) and much resulting irritation at first. I too learned for a month or two on the Merkur 34c until RAD set in :001_rolle.

And welcome to Scotland. Ironically, while reading your post, my wife and I are planning our 10 day family vacation for June 2016 for Scotland! I've never been! and I even studied at Oxford on a scholarship for a semester. I'm supposedly a wee bit Scottish, but my only evidence of it is that I like Scotch :thumbup1:.

AJ

Top Bottom