What's new

ATT Blade Recommendations!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Hi everybody,

I am anxiously awaiting my ATT. Should be here day after tomorrow. I got a Kronos handle with an S2 and S1 head.

Now, I need something very simple: blade recommendations! Does anyone have a favorite for use with this razor?

I never liked Astras but they seem to work well in this razor. The razor should come with a pack. Polsilver SIs and Voskhods are also very nice.

The ATT S2 is my daily razor. Both the Polsilver and Voskhod do very well in the S2. Both are very smooth operators. I give a nod to the Polsilver because it is a tad sharper - On My Face Anyway.

With the Russian Ruble in the crapper, I recently ordered 200 Voskhod directly from Russia for $16.90 to my door here in the USA. It doesn't get cheaper than that. Great value blade.

Personna Labs are my blade for my Kronos H2. They are smooth, shave close, and are made in the USA just like my ATT!

I have the same razor that you will be getting. So far I have used the Personna Labs and Med Prep blades and the Lord SS blades with great results. I am of the opinion that if you like any blade it will work great in these razors.

I have only had one shave with my ATT S2 - used a Gillette 7 o'clock black, very nice shave. Thanks to the comments above i'll be trying a voskhod next.

Cheers
Benz

I've used Personna Labs, Feathers and Astra SPs in my Atlas S1 and S2. All worked well, but for me the Personna seems to work best.

This must indeed be a YMMV situation (shocker, right?), as an Astra SP in my S2 this morning was no fun at all, whereas I've had great S2 shaves with Gillette Silver Blue, Personna lab blue, and Personna med prep.

One of the reasons I think the H2 is my last razor is that it seems to work the same no matter what blade I use. I use Astra SPs, 7 O'Clock Blacks, Gillette Silver Blues, Personna Med Preps, Polsilvers and Feathers.

Ducs2r, now that you mention it, although all my blades seem equal, I seem to reach for an Astra SP most frequently. Whether it's because my ATT was shipped with them, or that they were the first blade I ever used, or that they actually provide the best experience, I don't know. Great blade for the trusty ATT!

P.S. Or perhaps it's because they are the cheapest blades I've purchased.

No, I have used them for quite a while and find they are a good blade in the ATT. I use a Feather or a Med Prep in the BBS, but am very happy with the Astra's in the ATT.

With my ATT S2 and S1 I didn't get good results with feather and voskhod blades. I got excellent results from Gillette 7'clock Green (India made) and BIC chrome platinum.

Top Bottom