What's new

how light of a touch is too lightt

So last night i experimented with shaving with a very light touch after reading some peoples posts about the more you learn the lighter your touch is although my pinuad let me know it was a super comfortable shave my finger told me it wasmt a very close shave i was just wondering if anyone had any advice on this should i maybe do a super soft 5 pass is a soft touch in regards to not pressing the razor into your skin just wondering thanks guys

I guess I never thought about it much. Enough pressure to cut the hair, light enough to not cut skin. Seems like a pretty narrow window.

Softness of touch does not exactly relate to closeness of shave... My recommendation is you close your eyes with one swipe... You should be able to feel the blade but not too hard... If you can't feel the edge then it's too soft

If i can hear the whiskers being mowed down does it mean less pressure less whiskers and appa thats the window im trying to find lol the very small window im starting to feel that. 3 passes at my own pressure is my thing and im done trying to go softer with more passes lol

Right, but if you're removing hair without cutting yourself, you're already in the window, so try not to over-think it. Do what feels comfortable and the rest comes with experience. Just enjoy the shave...

Lol im a bbs junkie ive only got it 3times without irritation but dfs everytime trying to get the steady bbs without irritations a b*tch

I normally shave every other day and get BBS almost every shave doing five light passes. Rarely any irritation usually a 1 or 2 out of ten on the Alum. Slick wet Taboc lather and a wicked J-Nat edge, a very nice combination.

I have often wondered how many passes were employed 100 years ago, how much pressure they used and what standard of shave they felt was acceptable.

Cheers, George

I have often wondered how many passes were employed 100 years ago, how much pressure they used and what standard of shave they felt was acceptable.

Cheers, George

I suspect that the standards were significantly lower. They didn't have deodorant back then, either!

Top Bottom