What's new

Opus X

Let's see what everyone thinks... Is this super-premium King of the Cigars worth the hefty price tag? I've sampled many brands, never had one of these gems. There are those who swear these are the numero uno in the cigar world.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Not, IMO, the number one cigar. Very good, in fact very, very good, but NOT worth what they charge for it.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
If you are an established cigar smoker and have never had one you need to at least once. At least then you can decide for yourself.

There are a lot of other cigars I would pick over an Opus if offered, both around the same price and at 1/2 or 1/3rd the price.

I agree with Derrick. Any established cigar smoker should experience one. It's a great cigar! Worth $20+? No cigar is in my opinion. There are too many excellent cigars for a heck of a lot cheaper!

I think its a good smoke. Not sure if I'd consider it the best of the best. But one thing to note about opus X is that there are a lot of different variations and vitolas, that go from a price range of $15-$50. The Opus X Lost city line i think isnt worth the money. I do have some opus X in the humidor, but I never seem to be reaching for them, there are lots of other stuff I that I think are better smokes at better price points. Like what some of the other guys have said, something to at least have once if your a vet of smoking cigars.

I had them 3 times. Once in Vegas at the Casa Fuente cigar bar, where I think it was it was $40 with a cocktail for one of the smaller ones. I've had a couple here at home where my local B&M charges a more reasonable $12-15. Worth it for under $20? I think so. They are very good and like the others above say, something you should try at least once. After that it's up to you whether they're worth spending the money to have a few in your humidor. (I believe I still have one left in my humi, just waiting for the right occasion.....)

Are they a good cigar..........Yes
Are they the best......No, not in my opinion anyway.

I think they are a good cigar, but not worth the price. You can get a cigar that is just as good, or even better, for much cheaper. That being said, I agree that if you are a cigar smoker that you should at least try one to form your own opinion. I would also add, that in opinion they are much better with at least 6 months of aging on them.

I've smoked 1. I wasn't overly impressed. Now it's not a bad cigar by any means but did it live up to the hype? For me it did not. I have a few in the humi agging as i'm told they're amazing with a few years on them. Picked up a Casa Fuente last year in Vegas. I'll pring that with my to smoke next month when i return to Vegas.

There are so many cigars out there for a fraction of the price that are amazing i rarely find myself reaching for the higher dollar sticks in my humidor. I'm a huge RomaCraft fan. They are amazing smokes and the price point can't be beat. Buy a few, smoke one now, age one for a year, and another for a few years. Enjoy and decide for yourself.

My view is definitely in line with the 'trend' as previously posted above me.

Great cigar...? Indeed.
Worth the $...? Not at all.

Try it once just so you'll know...

...and who knows, perhaps this stick will blow your hair straight back and be deemed worthy of the price.

Only one way to find out, right?

IMO, it's a good cigar, but not even close to a Holy Grail. I have a buddy who smokes nothing but Opus X, and I have been given and have smoked quite a number of them. For my taste, I would still prefer a maduro Fuente Double Chateau, even if they were the same price, let alone a fraction of the cost.

I'm a huge RomaCraft fan. They are amazing smokes and the price point can't be beat. Buy a few, smoke one now, age one for a year, and another for a few years. Enjoy and decide for yourself.
\

I love the romacraft stuff. I'm just glad they finally decided to put bands on their cigars, I still have a bunch where I had to put a band on it and write what it was because they were from the time where romacraft didn't believe in bands.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
They're certainly a good cigar, but I never understood the hoopla. I'd rather have a good Padron.

I love the romacraft stuff. I'm just glad they finally decided to put bands on their cigars, I still have a bunch where I had to put a band on it and write what it was because they were from the time where romacraft didn't believe in bands.
OK, I'm intrigued. Can you give me any idea as to the flavor profile of these? Similar to or reminiscent of any other cigars? Sorry for the thread jack... :blushing:

The last one i smoked recently was an romacraft intemperance BA XXI intrigue. not sure what to compare it too off the top of my head but its got a woodsy/pepper/cocoa chocolate flavor profile with transitions between them throughout.

OK, I'm intrigued. Can you give me any idea as to the flavor profile of these? Similar to or reminiscent of any other cigars? Sorry for the thread jack... :blushing:

My hands down favorite is a Cromagnon Mode 5. It's also in my top 10 of all the cigars I've smoked.

\

Unbanded Roma have some age on them. Enjoy those!!!

I've yet to smoke an Opus, I had an Angel's Share in my humidor for a while but sent it off to someone. I got it at the B&M near my office and only paid $12-$14 for it, which seems to be a good price compared to what I've seen online. I really should go back in and look at what they have in stock from the Opus lines.

Top Bottom