What's new

Gillette Posting Falsehoods

Well here has to be the funniest thing I've ever seen. This was on Gillette's Facebook today. Does anyone really believe this?
$uploadfromtaptalk1425333336311.jpg

I was able to use a fusion cart for more than a month, but was shaving once or twice a week and used a beard trimmer before shaving.

Not the best shave of my life, though. I get way better results now with my EJ DE89BL.

5 days on a Fusion cart was pushing it for me, and I was pushing it to try and get my moneys worth. If I could have gone a month on a cart I never would have switched. People fall for the advertising though which is why they get away with it.

5 days on a Fusion cart was pushing it for me, and I was pushing it to try and get my moneys worth. If I could have gone a month on a cart I never would have switched. People fall for the advertising though which is why they get away with it.

You and me both. I could get a week's worth of comfortable shaves from a Fusion cartridge (and that was shaving every day) but by the weekend, I could tell it was time to change the cartridge. I always started Monday morning with a new cartridge. I guess I could have gotten a few more out of it, but it was beginning to pull by the weekend, so it was pretty much shot.

I have never given in and tried any of these things yet, but a very long time ago I tried the Mach3 and compared it with the Good News, which was my daily razor then for a long time. 3, maybe 4 shaves on the Mach3 and it was done, it took too much effort and you know what that does to you're face. But the Good News went a week. That right there is why I always say what was good has gone, and the rest will just be 'something new'.

I had seen that for the first time today. Is this evidence that DE shaving is catching a second wind and Gillette is trying to put water to ember?

It is nothing new. Economic uncertainty hit about two years after the Fusion came out. Sales of the $4.00+ blades hit the skids while sales of cheaper disposables soared. Gillette adapted with ad campaigns claiming that the Fusion cost only $1.00 per week, implying that a cartridge should last a month. I have no clue whether it does, since I stayed off the Gillette treadmill for 30 years and stayed with Trac II compatibles. The monthly cartridge change eventually became the "year's supply" of 12 blades sold at Target for $40.00.

I will start with the caveat that I have very fine soft facial hair compared to most. I used a Gillette Sensor XL for years and I would easily get 2 months out of a single cartridge. I also only did one pass and didn't care a lot about results other than I no longer looked too scruffy. I, like a lot of people on here, started this thinking I was going to save money. Now when I shave, I debate which of the 25 razors 5 brushes or 15+ soaps/creams I am going to use. I take my time and really relax for a bit. End of story, I don't miss the cartridges.

Top Bottom