What's new

Olive Oil as Preshave oil

I used a mix of Olive Oil and Almond Oil for a pre-shave; worked OK but reduces lathering ability and the Olive Oil has a poor shelf life. I then mixed some Corn Oil and Almond Oil which worked just as well but has a much longer shelf life. I've since given up on all pre-shave oils, they don't add enough performance to make them worth the time or cost.

Thats not true. My family gets olive oil from my home country which is 100% organic. We get it directly from the farmers, top quality. I have never heard of the claims you have stated but olive oil never expires. We've had a batch of 25 liter which was stored for almost 5 years it was still good. The smell and taste were great.

I think you have bought your olive oil from a grocery store. I don't think it's a high grade oil. I know many grocery store sell low quality olive oil. I have compared it once and I noticed that the EVOO from the grocery store didn't even smell or taste like the organic oil my family imports from our home country.

My father was born and raised in a village where they used to make their own olive oil with fresh olives from the trees they grew. He knew a lot about it. He told me once that you should be very careful if you want to buy olive oil because there are many people who'll try to rip you off by selling you low grade oil or just bad stuff.

EVOO has a shelf life of roughly 2 years if stored properly, seems long to me, and I ain't talking about the garbage you buy at the grocery store for $3.99. Olive Oil is very sensitive to light, so purchasing it in those clear containers is not really ideal.

I recently purchased some Argan oil that I'm going to try as a pre-shave oil as well as an AS moisturizer. Argan oil is a bit pricey but apparently it is really good for your skin and it may help with razor burn and such. I plan on making my own pre-shave oil combination once I receive the castor oil I purchased.

I totally agree with you. But thats the same with Argan oil. It comes from my country too. I don't know much about it. I knew a girl once who used to import it and sell it, all I know about it is thats it's pretty expensive and there are many people who're selling low quality oil with false claims.

I was under the impression olive oil was comedogenic though I've not heard mention of any problems along these lines here. I would be interested to hear any feedback on this...
Normally I have problems shaving off the stache area but today with the olive oil it went very easy. A couple hours have been passed now and my skin feels super!

I don't think olive oil will damage your skin or give you a negative skin effect.

Top Bottom