What's new

Under my nose is a problem

I have the same problem...my whiskers grow right up into my nose, and they are very hard to get, no matter how I twist or pull my nose. Most DE razor heads are too thick to get into that area easily, it seems to me. My current routine is to use a DE for two passes to do beard reduction, and then a final pass with an Atra to get the problem areas (around my lips, a line of whiskers on my neck that grow in a wrinkle, and right under my nose.) I've also found that I can get into that area pretty well with a Gillette Tech head, which seems pretty flat compared to most DEs I've tried, but I also have to be very careful trying to get into my nostrils or I will cut myself. The Atra does very well there, and I've never cut myself with it. I'm sure you could use a twin blade disposable for that area.

Gentlemen, thanks for the under the nose suggestions. This has been a slight problem for me. Will try them with tomorrow's (3 March) shave.

Here are a couple pictures of the technique i was talking about:
$0302151934.jpg
$0302151935.jpg
Sorry about the turned pics.i tried rotating them but it didn't work

Last edited:
Apply some olive oil on it. I tried it today and that I shaved that area very easy.

EDIT: Dude I just saw those pics. I never saw that kind of angle at all! You shouldnt try to shave your nose hairs LOL just kidding. Just try to shave it like you shave the rest of your beard. Take your time and use short strokes.

Last edited:
Lol. It isn't in my nose, just looks that way because my nose is so big :tongue_sm it overhangs the razor.
I hold the razor that way and drag the razor in the direction it is facing. Kind of southeast and southwest.

Have you tried sticking your fingers in your nostrils and yanking your nose up as high as it can do? That's doing the trick for me now. The first four or five years wet shaving I was using a Mach 3 under the nose, too. When I tried to get up there with my DE razor I would cut myself and have a little red Hitler mustache for the day. Now I feel like I have real nice "touch" and can up there and get the job done. But yanking my nose around really helps.

This worked for me. Thanks for the advice!:thumbup1:

I keep my Mach 4 around for that very purpose. I shave the remaining hairs under my nose with it. I sometimes shave the trouble spot on my neck on the final pass to prevent any razor burn. Doesn't ruin my experience. Just another tool.

Top Bottom