What's new

Help Me Decide

Hi Gents.

Time to get a new shaving cream. Can't decide between the following...any suggestions. FWIW, I have slightly sens. skin...light beard growth:

Art of Shaving - either Lemon (never tried it) or lavender.

Trumpers - Any scent, though my wife hates the violet and rose...and cannot stand the smell of coconut

Jack Black Beard Lube or Sup. Cream

Grooming Lounge - Honestly this stuff tends to work for me, though I often wonder if there is better since I don't hear much about it.

I'm honestly open to suggestions guys. I am at the point where there are so many damn products out there and claims that I really at am at a loss as to what I should be using, ie. what's best for our skin. Thanks.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Musgo Real from Caswell Massey Brick & Mortar if nearby... also available at Lee's online. Wish I had found it sooner myself.

I like Musgo Real but I think I did have a reaction. Ill try it for a few days in a row again but currently hooked on the tabac soap which beats out every cream i ever used. I think proraso red is better than Musgo also. Musgo broke down its lather by the 3rd pass. For its cost, effectiveness, and irritation-free shaves, you can't beat proraso red. I think musgo comes in 2nd because ive only tried those two. Look at the reviews on the proraso red.

Sounds interesting. I've heard good things about both, but have not tried them. What sets them apart from the others I mentioned?

It's amazing, every other site I visit shows AOS has being a top seller. Is this just because of all of their marketing and the fact that they are widely known?

Honestly, what should I be looking for? There's traditional products, and then there's newer companies out there trying to convince us to use a cream that does not lather at all. Think Menscience. I actually like to use my brush when I can.

My skin is also a little on the sensitive side, but the following work well for me.
Speick - excellent, all the way around.
Salter Mint - great scent with a little menthol coolness. Another great performer, and equal to the 3T's IMHO.
Gillette Regular - nice classic scent and excellent performance. Way underrated, heck its hardly even mentioned. One of the slickest creams I've ever used, and makes my face feel good.
I was also going to recommend Trumper Coconut, but.....
And, strangely enough, AOS Unscented broke me out. :confused:

Top Bottom