What's new

My First Pair of Chukka Boots.they required some elbow grease!

I have never owned a pair of chukka boots before; I don't know why...I just never fancied them. Well I stumbled across a pair on eBAY and put in a low-ish bid on a pair of brown shell cordovan Allen Edmonds Dundees. The boots themselves looked a little rough (scratches, but no scuffs/cuts/nicks) but I knew I have the tools and skills to clean them up.I ended up winning the boots for $220, and it turns out the seller was just up the road so we met in person to do the exchange. The first pic is the boots as I received them, and when I got home this afternoon I knew my process would be:1) Warm, damp cloth to remove dirt2) Let them dry3) Saphir Reno4) Let them dry5) Brush vigirously 6) A light coat of AE brown shell cordovan cream7) Brush and buff8) A coat of edge dressingI think they turned out great! Brown shell, for me at least, always seems to be finicky...but you can't argue with how it looks when it is all shined up!

Attachments

• $IMG_0333.jpg
    $IMG_0333.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 148
  • $IMG_0335.jpg
    $IMG_0335.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 144
Looks good, although I'm fairly certain Renovateur and the AE cordovan shoe cream are very similar products so I'd just pick one rather than giving it multiple treatments. The AE has some pigment in it so maybe stick with that? No harm in using both I guess, just excessive.

They look good. I wish I could find a deal on some of those like that. $700 boots for 220!! I have a pair of their but they are
the regular cordovan color, plus one pair in grained cowhide and the other smooth cowhide. I am finding the older I get the more I like high topped shoes this time of year. My problem finding a deal like that is that I wear a 12 A or B size, which is not the easiest to find. At least AE makes a lot of styles in narrow widths so although pricy I can find good shoes.

Looks good, although I'm fairly certain Renovateur and the AE cordovan shoe cream are very similar products so I'd just pick one rather than giving it multiple treatments. The AE has some pigment in it so maybe stick with that? No harm in using both I guess, just excessive.

Sort of, I think. They are similar in the sense they are creams, but I think they serve different purposes. I like the fact the AE has pigment, but Reno is good for general conditioning...different strokes for different folks!

Top Bottom