What's new

March 2015 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed posting in February scores, short month!
But here's some of my latest and favorite scores!

$IMG_1570.jpg$IMG_1571.jpg$IMG_1572.jpg$IMG_1573.jpg

1) A Gorham Sterling Travel Gillette
2) A Milady Gold Tech w/ case
3) A Gillette old type w/ thin handle and round ball end with PC serial, which I believe is Canadian?

Last night I won a Gillette Super Speed off the bay! No date code, clean and it is notched. 1948-50? Should be in later this week. Tim

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
attachment.php
For my Den (still a 'work in progress'), I'm waiting (got off Ebay), on a;

[FONT=&amp]1) A Vintage dish towel (now...a shaving towel), from 'S. Jackson' (Sewell Jackson)[/FONT]. :thumbsup:

[FONT=&amp]Made of linen w/ features unusual design of antique shaving mugs and brushes[/FONT]. [FONT=&amp]Measures 16 3/4 inches by 29 inches[/FONT]. [FONT=&amp]Excellent, unused condition...bright and clean (sorry about the fizzy pic...I'll do a 're-take' when this towel arrives).[/FONT]

$Shaving Towel.jpg &

2) Vintage Leather Razor Strop. Trade Mark 44-20 Genuine Russia Finish. Detroit Razor Strop Co. Expert workmanship select quality Detroit, Mich. 601 [and I'm a born Michigander at heart from East Lansing :w00t:].

The Seller advertised this stop @ over 50 yrs old as it belonged to his grandfather. Neat old strop. Measures approx. 24 in in length.

$Strop.jpg $Strop - 1.jpg $Strop - 2.jpg $Strop - 3.jpg

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we're waiting for". Charles Stanley[/FONT]

Last edited:
An older Pils Razor from when Werner Pils had hands on in the company - I think he left in the early 2000's.
Funny thing is - although this has a very pilsy handle the head is actually a butterfly with the TTO under the base plate - the base plate itself is sort of an English Aristocrat thick plate.

Absolutely minty and an oddity to boot!

Ratty
$4.jpg$11.jpg$13.jpg

That razor is gorgeous. I have never seen anything like it. Nice find!

An older Pils Razor from when Werner Pils had hands on in the company - I think he left in the early 2000's.
Funny thing is - although this has a very pilsy handle the head is actually a butterfly with the TTO under the base plate - the base plate itself is sort of an English Aristocrat thick plate.

Absolutely minty and an oddity to boot!

Ratty

I just spent a week in Barcelona on business. I managed to sneak off for an hour, and got these.

They were all 15% off, so I thought it would have been rude not to buy!

A road trip to Edmonton and some pickups from B&M stores. First Stop was Whyte Ave & a used book store. Some of the books were from our last stop today at Chapters.
proxy.php

Then we stopped at Lush for some D'Fluff Strawberry shave soap, a shampoo bar and a beard and face cleanser. Then we stopped at Knifwear and picked up a Layrite Pomade. We also browsed thru Wild Prairie Soaps, and some clothing stores and picked up some clothes for TWGW.
proxy.php

Today we stopped at the Italian Market hoping to find some Italian shaving supplies. After touring the store and buying some fresh Ciabatta bread, sausage, olives, cheese and other foodstuffs we stumbled upon a small shaving selection.
proxy.php

proxy.php

I picked up the Omega Professional Boar and the Proraso Green AS.
proxy.php

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
attachment.php
Now, (for my Den [still a 'work in progress'], I'm waiting (got off Ebay), on a;

[FONT=&amp]1)[/FONT] A Vintage (1932's circa I believe), Durham Duplex Safety Razor (could become my 'travel razor'...just kidding...[known to be aggressive]), w/ Case with 3 original blades (which fit both razors), and a Durham Duplex Straight Razor (w/ safety guard...great for str8 razor noobs...maybe I'll give it a try). It seems these razors have some wear on them, but are in good used condition use the same. :thumbsup:
[FONT=&amp]
$Str8 Razor - 1.JPG $Str8 Razor - 2.JPG $Str8 Razor - 3.JPG $Str8 Razor.JPG[/FONT]
proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]"Good things come to those who wait”. Popular Proverb[/FONT]

Last edited:
You know you have a problem when you order a container of Gillette 7 o clock blacks.. I just received 2k of them.. but for 95 USD per 1000.. I couldn't say no.. I just couldn't say no

Last edited:
I haven't been buying much lately and actually trying to thin the den, but was very lucky to add the following:

1930's Gillette New Long Comb with bar handle. Purchased from the 'bay at a pretty reasonable cost and in better than described condition. Was thinking of having it refinished (gold or nickel) but I am sorta liking the way it looks now. Just arrived and wish I could shave again to try it out.

Semogue SOC. Received in a trade with TheDude82 (great B&Ber). Adding to my boar collection (1305, frosted blue B&B, frosted green B&B). Used it this AM, needs a bit more break-in but loving it already.

Three samples from Imaginary Authors. Ordered a sample of Cobra & the Canary and they threw in samples of Bull's Blood and City on Fire. All three smell great... a single shot lasts all day, so it may be a while before I need to decide on which one to order.

$LC SOC Samples.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got lucky and found a nice razor at a thrift-antique store. I was able to purchase this 5/8 Friedrich Ern Primus, extra full hollow grind for $20. It was a little stained up with something but I cleaned it up with a little 1500 grit wet sandpaper, reset the bevel, ran my stone progression and finished it on my translucent Arkansas. No kidding, this twenty dollar razor shaves as well or better than some really high dollar razors I have. I don't know how well it will hold an edge, but it took it very well.

$Friedrich Ern Primus (5 eights) 01.jpg$Friedrich Ern Primus (5 eights) 02.jpg$Friedrich Ern Primus (5 eights) 03.jpg$Friedrich Ern Primus (5 eights) 04.jpg

I own them , shave with them, restore them so might as well wear them . It will be interesting to see if I get any comments when out and about.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 285
Here's what I have received this month:
$image.jpg
$image.jpg
I had sent both of these to Captain Murphy. The SA is my birthyear razor. I got it off the bay some time ago. It had a very sticky TTO and the handle was missing paint. Cap did his usual fine work and it now looks and works like new. The #16 was also a bay purchase. It came cased but missing the original blade holder. Once I received it, I noticed the handle and TTO showed signs of plier use. I sent it to Cap and he then sent it to Chris Evatt to rework and replate the handle and TTO. The results are amazing and it looks fantastic.
Also this month, one of my work friends got back from a trip to India and brought me these:
$image.jpg
I find the Park Avenue to be the best performer of the bunch.

My Aunt passed away in August of last year. And of course my Cousin that is the Executor of her trust is cleaning out the house. My Aunt and Uncle built the house in 1947. (my cousin say's Aunt Edna saved everything from the day that they bought the lot
proxy.php
). Anyway these items belonged to my Uncle Ralph (my pretty Uncle family joke
proxy.php
) They had no children so all of my cousins and I were treated like we were their children. Years ago before I went in the Military. My Uncle Ralph taught me how to shave with a straight razor, but I have not used one for almost 50 years.
proxy.php
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif] Here is a picture of the items. I don't remember if I posted this or not my computer crashed, (thank you windows)[/FONT]
$Brushes&Straightrazors100_0279 (2).jpg

Clements Extra Special “Machete” Sheffield

proxy.php

Doug Korn (Dougie 55) brush

proxy.php

Rubberset 200-4 brush

proxy.php

Falcon pipe / 2 bowls

proxy.php

Bialetti espresso coffee maker (stainless steel)

proxy.php

Proguard Silicone Custom Mouldable Earplugs (for shuting)
proxy.php

... and at last:

proxy.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom