What's new

Men forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have kind of an odd question. Where do you discuss other men related questions; non-shaving related? Stuff like relationships, love, sex, and morals. I feel like this is the best place to ask this question. I feel like a lot here appear to be grown up folks.

Thanks!

That's not exactly the kind of stuff I'd discuss online, but I'm sure there's many forums out there where it can be discussed.

How did you find B&B? Probably Google, right?

I have kind of an odd question. Where do you discuss other men related questions; non-shaving related? Stuff like relationships, love, sex, and morals. I feel like this is the best place to ask this question. I feel like a lot here appear to be grown up folks.

Some of it my wife, some of it friends, some of it family, some of it a religious leader...you get the point. That is stuff you discuss in person with people you trust, not strangers online.

You don't put that stuff down on paper, let alone the internet.

That's not exactly the kind of stuff I'd discuss online, but I'm sure there's many forums out there where it can be discussed.

How did you find B&B? Probably Google, right?

Google "LOVE SEX", but make sure to do it from a work CPU :a44:

Last edited:
proxy.php

Welcome to B&B

With your wife if you are married.

With your parents if you are too young to be married :001_smile

If you have not already done so, stop into the Hall of Fame and tell everyone a little about yourself

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/30-Hall-of-Fame

According to forum description, this is the place.

This is the place to shoot the breeze, and for all off topic conversations that don't relate to shaving.

It does?

To me, "Shooting the breeze" means....Hey guys, do any of you watch Glee or did you hear Microsoft is coming out with a new Zune". Not asking intimate questions about sex, morals, love, religion or how to make my marriage work.

The OP asks a valid question, but don't think B&B is the place to get help for any of those topics. With all our AD's, he'd ask a question about how to get a wife and end up with a rotation of 7. :blush:
s the place to shoot the breeze, and for all off topic conversations that don't relate to shaving."

Last edited:
Too hot for this forum.

Hi,

Thanks!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I'm pretty sure we've had many threads about relationships, love, and morals here in the past. Sex....not so much.

But I see no reason why you can't discuss the other 3 here

I'm pretty sure we've had many threads about relationships, love, and morals here in the past. Sex....not so much.

But I see no reason why you can't discuss the other 3 here

It'll be interesting to see how long a thread on morals lasts, before it gets heated and locked. I'll be watching, not posting in that one.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
It'll be interesting to see how long a thread on morals lasts, before it gets heated and locked. I'll be watching, not posting in that one.

There are many morals in life that are suitable for discussion here.

No offense intended, but I believe {insert activity} is against my (choose one or many) religious/political/family values/moral values/worldview.
I think it is wrong that people are (choose one) allowed to do/capable of those acts and (choose one) society/family/government/church/God will judge them harshly in due course. (Choose one) Hanging/stoning/imprisonment/ostracizing/eternal damnation in the fiery pits of hell/tar n feathers/shaming should be the least coming to them. Again no offense to those who think otherwise. This is of course a civilised board.

Over/under time before someone agrees or disagrees is 3 minutes.
Over/under time on offense taken is 5 minutes
Over/under time on thread lock/deletion is 10 minutes.

Over/under time before someone posts Get Off My Lawn is 2 minutes.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
a lesson, especially one concerning what is right or prudent, that can be derived from a story, a piece of information, or an experience.

I'm not going to search for the threads but I'm sure they are here.

Our interpretation of the word is where the buck stops.

Moving on

There are many morals in life that are suitable for discussion here.
Agreed. But with the amount of members, lurkers and ability to hide behind keyboards, I don't see them lasting.

Actually, I don't ever recall seeing any posted here. Now is that because I just have ran across them, they get removed instantly or because no one has ever started a thread on them? I'm guessing the sensitive nature of them and how quickly they escalate, it's because they get removed.

Morals are a touchy subject.

Last edited:
I guess if you have a question, feel free to ask. We are a big group of (mostly) mature men. :)

On that note, don't be offended if your thread is deleted. Read the stickies at the top of this forum carefully. In order to keep it light hearted around here, Mods have to be fairly heavy handed in locking threads dealing with religion, politics and sometimes morals that get out of hand when people don't agree. If you look through the topics, you can get an idea of what we generally discuss. There is the occasional relationship thread, but its usually from a guy asking advice about a first date etc.

If you do a google search for "forum relationship love sex" you'll find pages and pages of them.
I have no idea which ones are good, bad, etc.

Lots of drama there. We avoid drama here as much as we possibly can. I'd rather talk about some new shaving product, a favorite knife, or a new great beer that I just discovered. When you've had enough drama feel free to join us here as an escape to get away from all of that.

Good luck.

I guess if you have a question, feel free to ask. We are a big group of (mostly) mature men. :)

On that note, don't be offended if your thread is deleted. Read the stickies at the top of this forum carefully. In order to keep it light hearted around here, Mods have to be fairly heavy handed in locking threads dealing with religion, politics and sometimes morals that get out of hand when people don't agree. If you look through the topics, you can get an idea of what we generally discuss. There is the occasional relationship thread, but its usually from a guy asking advice about a first date etc.

I've seen a couple relationship ones but they are very scarce. I mean very scarce as in I've seen about two in a year. They were more of a "Should I date this girl who's my good friend?" or "How do I get this girl's attention?" Pretty drama free non controversial stuff.

We get more of the "how do I hide all my new shaving stuff from my wife" questions here.

The politics, religion thing is avoided at all costs and might even be forbidden in the guidelines. People have strong feelings about these topics and it just causes arguments. That's not what this site is about.

I'm with Bruce, I can't see any of these type of threads lasting at all.

With the amount of things we can't discuss on this site, I can't see sex, or morals lasting past a few minutes. I think the only reason we're considered, or we proclaim to be a Gentlemanly site, or believe we're somehow different than other sites, is we aren't allowed to discuss certain subjects. I imagine if we did, and it seems to be reflected in the deleted and locked subjects pertaining to such controversial issues, we'd be no different than the sites that allow talk on these subjects, and the back and forth that went with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom