What's new

Repairing Dad's old Parker pencil

I ran across my dad's old laminated celluloid pencil, and I'd like to get it repaired. It's a "twist to advance lead" mechanism, but I'm nearly positive it doesn't work. Also, it may be missing a part near the decorative rings in the middle of the pen, but I'm no expert on these things. Is there someone out there, even a nibmeister, who could bring this pencil back to its former glory?

-Andy

$P1110708.jpg

$P1110709.jpg

$P1110710.jpg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Maybe email Danny at Write Pens, I suspect if he couldn't help you , he'd know who could.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Do you have lead? Push some in and see what happens.

You ought to contact Jonathan Veley (leadheadpencils) for help if needed.

Do you have lead? Push some in and see what happens.

You ought to contact Jonathan Veley (leadheadpencils) for help if needed.

I don't have any but can see if Stapes sells it. Just need to figure out what diameter lead. Thanks for the contact info!

I have an old Parker Vac pencil, and it too has that space between the two sections.

Good to know. I was wondering if the celluloid shrank a little.

-Andy

BrianW has fixed a couple of these for me and you may want to run it up the flagpole and see what he says.

I just received a Vac pen/pencil set. That gap in the middle separates the cap from the body. The cap of the pencil comes off; that's where the spare lead and eraser are.

Still trying to figure out how the cone comes off to see if I need to get the mechanism repaired.

Top Bottom