What's new

Any love for Stirling ASB?

Picked up a couple of bottles of Stirling ASB - Sandalwood and Barbershop. Very nice, smooth and silky. Overall very impressed with the performance at the price. I only wish the scent was a little stronger.

The price and performance point can't be beat. Highly recommended. :thumbup1:

$asasz.jpg
Love their balm, Bay Rum and Ozark mountain are a daily.

I also like nivea cooling post shave balm.

I have the Bay Rum, Sandalwood and Unscented ASB and like them a lot. However, I find that the Stirling splashes have enough witch hazel and aloe that I only occasionally need a balm.

--Bob

MITA balm is on the way for me. Can't wait to try it. I guess that a little goes a long way, right ?

Love their balm, Bay Rum and Ozark mountain are a daily.

I also like nivea cooling post shave balm.

How do you compare the performance of the Stirling to the Nivea? If they are in the same ballpark then I think that I need to try the Stirlings.

-Josh

I also love Stirling ASBs... Sandalwood & Barbershop. Great products! They perform as well as my LOccitane.

Great point. I find that stirling performs as as well as the much more expensive loccitane ASB.

Also, I am finding that very little goes a long way.

How do you compare the performance of the Stirling to the Nivea? If they are in the same ballpark then I think that I need to try the Stirlings.

-Josh

I have the Nivea original, which i enjoy. The Nivea is more like a "milk", where the stirling is thicker - like a balm. Both excellent products.

Agree. Stirling ASB is a sterling product.

I see what you did there. :lol:

I like the splashes, myself--full of good, face-nourishing stuff and nice scents, too. As with all things Stirling, they make so many scents that you're bound to love some and hate others, so samples are a wise way to go.

They r top notch balms. I own sandalwood, barbershop and lime. All of which will b replaced when they run out. A little does go a long way so I don't see the need to replace any time soon.

-Josh

Stirling, the witch hazel feels more toning.

Right after the shave, both feel the same. About an hour later the Stirling balm my skin still feels soothed and soft. While nivea I feel like I need another application.

With the imminent cold season coming through, I purchased the Barbershop ASB. It's great! Perfect for the dry skin that comes with cold weather in my case. The witch hazel started off a little much for me, but it fades real quickly and leaves the powdery goodness I love.

I have three balms right now - AoS, TOBS, and DRH. Can anyone compare Stirling balms to these (performance and consistency of the balm) ? I love the scent of Stirling Barbershop.

I have three balms right now - AoS, TOBS, and DRH. Can anyone compare Stirling balms to these (performance and consistency of the balm) ? I love the scent of Stirling Barbershop.

I have AOS, but bot DRH or TOBS.

The consistency is a bit thinner ( IE not thick liquid, but not runny). Feels less heavy and I prefer it a lot more over AOS.

Stirling>Nivea>Proraso>AOS

YMMV

Top Bottom