What's new

FS: Castle Forbes Lavender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mean to sound like a buzz kill, but GDF rules state must be at least 40% off. Your price is 25% less. This violates the rules. There's a sticky at the top of the forum explaining this.
we are supposed to police ourselves on this, member to member.
the badger and blade marketplace doesn't have this rule.
you might want to post there.

Don't mean to sound like a buzz kill, but GDF rules state must be at least 40% off. Your price is 25% less. This violates the rules. There's a sticky at the top of the forum explaining this.

Well, technically we don't know what he paid for shipping or what shipping will cost out.

WCS is $44 - 40% = $26.40
$6.60 to ship out, and he's at $33

His price of $33 is perfectly acceptable based on how I read the rules and guidelines. He could have easily listed it for $26 and $7 shipping and no one would have questioned it.

Good luck with the sale OP, it's a great product and price for someone who enjoys CF Lavender.

Last edited:

Not to be difficult either - agree with the above. Sticky for GD does not mention shipping costs on known items. Only mentions items must be listed with a selling price at least 40% below MSRP. Shipping costs are discussed for items with unknown MSRP only. Could be incorrect, but that is the way it seems to read.

One of these CF lavender just sold on here for $30 and it was used six times, no one said anything about that....just saying..

I've always understood it to mean 40% off MSRP, before shipping. The idea is that people aren't on here setting up a business and profiting. I don't think this feels that way at all.

It's not clear to me how tightly GDF rules are enforced. Personally I like the 'invisible hand' to determine prices - but thats neither here nor there.

Back on GDF rules: IMHO - if shipping costs are to be factored in - that would leave considerable room for interpretation. What if I decide to get 1-day priority Fedex shipping? Can I factor that in to the original price?

It's not clear to me how tightly GDF rules are enforced. Personally I like the 'invisible hand' to determine prices - but thats neither here nor there.

Back on GDF rules: IMHO - if shipping costs are to be factored in - that would leave considerable room for interpretation. What if I decide to get 1-day priority Fedex shipping? Can I factor that in to the original price?

If you try to profit off shipping, you likely won't make many friends and be called out on it pretty quickly. It appears that the Shipping cost details should have been listed, but they are rarely shown. Hopefully people will start to show it.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/437348-The-Gentlemanly-Deals-forum-Guidelines

$50 maximum shall not include shipping costs if any, which must be stated separately in your listing.

Last edited:
On re-reading it doesn't really address shipping except on the. $50 for vintage rule Bruce just posted for us. I think the spirit of the guidelines are 40% MSRP before shipping. I think where it gets gray is when you give a price that includes shipping. So it would be best to list the shipping separated out, if you want to be sure to follow guidelines.

This makes no sense, someone just listed the same cream on here not even two days ago and there were comments made on how great of a cream it is and good luck in selling it yet someone else does the same thing and you all point the finger and scold him. This is a great deal and I know forrest and he is a very kind gent, Ive chatted with him several times on here now and have got to know him very well. He helped me out with a private matter and Im very appreciative for what he did, he even opened up to me about having a very bad accident a few years back and how differently his life has changed because of it. He is a very stand up and giving kind of guy and I wish I was half the man that he his. I know for a fact he would never take advantage of any situation. I feel if were going police this stuff, then lets not pick and choose.

Wow, Im truly sorry gents, didnt mean to cross the rules like that, it was my mistake and it wont happen again. And I did see the other CF cream on here and I had just used that one to price mine, I shouldnt have done that and read the rules better. I apologize guys. BTW, I have sold the cream.

Thanks lindley, your a truly great guy and Im so glad Ive gotten to know to you too. I hope you and everyone is doing well. Ill always be around to chat!

I have bought several items on here the last 4-5 weeks that were not 40% off but i was more than willing to pay what was asked as it was cheaper than I could get new and furthermore in my opinion I helped a B&B brother recoup some of his hard earned money on an item he bought new and only used a time or two and decided he didn't like.
I'll continue buying items on here I feel are a good deal regardless if they are 40% off or 20% off ... If I don't like the price then I don't buy, but I don't cause a scene either ... Just my 2¢

I have bought several items on here the last 4-5 weeks that were not 40% off but i was more than willing to pay what was asked as it was cheaper than I could get new and furthermore in my opinion I helped a B&B brother recoup some of his hard earned money on an item he bought new and only used a time or two and decided he didn't like.
I'll continue buying items on here I feel are a good deal regardless if they are 40% off or 20% off ... If I don't like the price then I don't buy, but I don't cause a scene either ... Just my 2¢
+1, Best answer. I wouldn't worry about exact percentage off neither, if it a good/fair deal and I want it, Ill buy it. I think this is kinda how we all feel here, most of us anyhow.

Why was it ok for others to do it then? While your worrying about the rules Ill have already purchased the item that I wanted and saved money on the deal. It just needs to be a fair deal, IMO.

We're getting way off topic for this thread.

The OP's price was perfectly set but maybe should have said what the price+shipping was, so it was clear....but that's a minor point.

NO, it doesn't need to JUST be a fair deal...it needs to be 40% off MSRP or it can't be listed here. It's the forum rules, not whatever you think is fair. Not IMO, but the FORUMS opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom