What's new

cmh737 Straight Venture Journal

I'm trying to get caught up with everyone, but it'll be sporadic. The last several months have really sapped a lot of time away from me being able to keep up on a daily basis, so I apologize in advance for being somewhat tardy in my replies.

Nice shave off of that self honed Bengal. It just does not get any better.

Thanks; and agreed!

Nice stuff. That B&W photo is phenomenal!

Thanks!

Nice Shave! I like that razor!

Thanks! It's one of my favorite razors, for sure!

Nice write up, and shave dere eh! =)

Thanks!

Welcome back Chris, Nice shave and photo!

Thanks, and thanks!

Ahh, much better. thanks!

Thanks! Although, I think you might be disappointed with me tomorrow.....:001_cool:

Nice set up for today Chris and good picture as well.

Thanks!

Great shave with the Bengal!

Thanks!

Today felt like an Injector Day! Just a 2-passer that is rock solid DFS(+); perfect for today.

I used a soap that I haven't used in a couple of years: L'Occitane Cade. I seem to recall it being a good performer, but not sure why I hadn't used it in so long. Anyway, while passing a L'Occitane store in the airport the other day, I decided to stop in and bought a puck. Used it today and it is indeed a very good, actually, outstanding performing soap. I love the scent of this, but it is on the subtler side in terms of strength of scent (for me); that must be why I hadn't been using it. However, the performance is undeniably excellent for me with the water at my house. It's extremely easy to lather, is very slick, offers excellent protection, and has a wonderful post-shave feel. So all in all, it's a keeper. Oh, and BTW, you'd never know it wasn't a tallow soap - it's that good.

As far as aftershave, I would have used the Cade balm, but I'm out of it. So used what turned out to be a perfect type match: Myrsol AB. It really worked well. And finished everything off with one of my favorite Guerlain frags, and one that doesn't get much buzz at all, if any: Homme L'Eau Boisee. I totally dig this EdT!

Set Up:

Schick Injector
AMACK4 "Sunrise" synthetic
L'Occitane Cade soap
Myrsol AB aftershave
Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee

proxy.php

Today felt like an Injector Day! Just a 2-passer that is rock solid DFS(+); perfect for today.

I used a soap that I haven't used in a couple of years: L'Occitane Cade. I seem to recall it being a good performer, but not sure why I hadn't used it in so long. Anyway, while passing a L'Occitane store in the airport the other day, I decided to stop in and bought a puck. Used it today and it is indeed a very good, actually, outstanding performing soap. I love the scent of this, but it is on the subtler side in terms of strength of scent (for me); that must be why I hadn't been using it. However, the performance is undeniably excellent for me with the water at my house. It's extremely easy to lather, is very slick, offers excellent protection, and has a wonderful post-shave feel. So all in all, it's a keeper. Oh, and BTW, you'd never know it wasn't a tallow soap - it's that good.

As far as aftershave, I would have used the Cade balm, but I'm out of it. So used what turned out to be a perfect type match: Myrsol AB. It really worked well. And finished everything off with one of my favorite Guerlain frags, and one that doesn't get much buzz at all, if any: Homme L'Eau Boisee. I totally dig this EdT!

Set Up:

Schick Injector
AMACK4 "Sunrise" synthetic
L'Occitane Cade soap
Myrsol AB aftershave
Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee

proxy.php

Beautiful set up. Love the yellow theme going on. L'Occitane Cade was my first "nice soap" in my shave den. I remember liking it but PIF'ed in the "PIF vs passaround Box". That was a year ago. I should really revisit it since a lot has changed. I face lather vs bowl. And my lathering skills have drastically improved. LOL

....L'Occitane Cade was my first "nice soap" in my shave den....I remember liking it but PIF'ed...That was a year ago. I should really revisit it since a lot has changed. I face lather vs bowl. And my lathering skills have drastically improved. LOL

Thanks, and that sounds EXACTLY like me! I've actually been re-visiting some soaps that I haven't used in a while - some that I had quit using, are now worthy of use; and vice versa. :001_cool:

That's funny. I broke out the L'Occitane Cade for my shave today as well. I had pretty much the same thoughts. Low scent strength but excellent performance. One of those amazing veggie soaps that I need to use more. Of course, if I actually used all the soaps that I said I need to use more I'd have a two month rotation(give or take).

Great setup and photo! If your day goes as well as your shave then..WooHoo!! =)

Excellent Shaves and Photos Chris and Welcome Home once more my Friend:thumbup:

Very Nice Set-up and Cade sure is a winner, nice photo as well

That's funny. I broke out the L'Occitane Cade for my shave today as well. I had pretty much the same thoughts. Low scent strength but excellent performance. One of those amazing veggie soaps that I need to use more. Of course, if I actually used all the soaps that I said I need to use more I'd have a two month rotation(give or take).

Thanks, Gents!

SR Shave #332:

The Genco Easy Aces got the call this morning. This was the 11th shave off of Alfredo's [MENTION=44174]Doc226[/MENTION] JNAT edge. I do believe that this is a record for me, in terms of number of shaves without needing a re-fresh. However, I do believe that it is time for a slight, and I emphasize "slight" re-fresh. What a great razor!

Did a 3-passer that was solid DFS(+), but wanting a little bit better, and because I was enjoying the Stirling Executive Man soap so much, I opted to do a clean-up pass with the Super Speed to avoid you-know-who. BBS result and ready for a good day.

Finished up with Stirling's Executive Man aftershave splash. I love this juice! It resembles Creed Aventus, but there is enough of a difference that I don't use the Creed with this soap and a/s (there's a bit of a clash). But no worries! Executive Man is a wonderful scent that I view as a stand-alone scent of its own!

Set Up:

NOS Genco Easy Aces
ShaverJoe w/Muhle synthetic
Stirling Executive Man soap & a/s

proxy.php

Great setup and shave Chris! Quick question about things Stirling... I just picked up some of Piacenza soap and AS splash. Just how close is it AdP? I'm trying out a bit of the AS right now and diggin' it!!

100% agree on the Stirling Executive. Nice shave too
Nice shave, and nice Easy Aces razor as well Chris. I concur on the Executive Man scent. Wearing it today as well.

Thanks! I definitely like the EM scent as well.

Great Shave! Color coordinated too!
Very Nice Chris, photo is very nice as well

Thanks!

Are 'Easy Aces' the apex Genco blade? I've been puzzled by their naming conventions (or lack thereof).

I don't know the answer to that question. But a good one!

Chris, great shaves and photo's the past couple of days! :thumbup: That Easy Aces looks a lot like one I saw on the bay last month, I drooled over it and I drool over yours! :tongue_sm It is a very beautiful lady! May I ask what your strop routine with it has been? Have a great weekend!

Thanks! For stropping this particular blade, I have been alternating between two particular strops: Westholme 2.5" latigo; and Scrupleworks 3" Horween oil tanned horsehide. But I do the following for whichever of the two I choose for the day: about 25-30 laps on the linen (fine weave natural flax linen with the Westholme, and natural herringbone weave linen with the Scrupleworks), and then about 50-60 laps on the leather.

Beautiful Greeness in the photography my Friend and 11 shaves s definitely a great achievement:thumbup:

Thanks - I can't believe that I made it to 11 on this edge!

Great setup and shave Chris! Quick question about things Stirling... I just picked up some of Piacenza soap and AS splash. Just how close is it AdP? I'm trying out a bit of the AS right now and diggin' it!!

To me, the Piacenza is as close to being an exact duplicate of the real AdP Colonia scent as one can get. It's virtually a dead-ringer. I just grabbed both to compare, and to me, I can't really tell a significant difference. If I were to really "low crawl in the weeds", perhaps the Piacenza is a tad bit "sweeter", barely - hard to say. They're very, very, very close, and pair together perfectly IMHO.

Last edited:
SR Shave #333:

An back-to-the-basics kind of day: Williams soap, Brut aftershave, and a boar brush (Semogue 1305). All with the Brian Brown 6/8 on one of my coti edges that is smoooooooooth as buttah!. A rather uneventful 3-passer that is irritation-free and solid DFS; a perfect Saturday morning shave.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

proxy.php

Top Bottom