What's new

Missouri Meerschaum Cobbits

For the more experienced imbiber this thread may not be necessary.

BUT

For the new pipe smoker who finds they staring longingly at the Cobbit line: I hope this thread will help you make a more informed purchase.

I've recently become the proud owner of the full Cobbit line and provide the following to give a better idea of the relative size and shape of the pipes. Keep in mind, the stems shown here are mine and not the ones they come with. (EDIT - It occurs to me that at least some familiarity with MM pipes will be necessary for this to be useful)

First up is the Wizard, which could be considered a short Freehand or a fat General depending on how you choose to define it.

proxy.php

Second is the Elf, which is similar in size to the Mark Twain but with the rounded edges of a Rob Roy Legend.

proxy.php

Third is the Shire, which is basically just a stained Diplomat (or the old style Great Danes).

proxy.php

Finally is the Dwarf, which is basically a bent Morgan.

proxy.php

Hopefully some of you will find this useful. Happy smoking gents, try not to burn the house down.

(Questions welcome. If I've made mistakes or omissions let me know.)

proxy.php

Last edited:
Thanks Poorboy! They stopped making the Great Dane Egg a little while ago if memory serves me correct, which is a shame because it was one of my favorites. Now, it looks like they've just renamed it the shire.

Nice WBW stems too!

Thanks Poorboy! They stopped making the Great Dane Egg a little while ago if memory serves me correct, which is a shame because it was one of my favorites. Now, it looks like they've just renamed it the shire.

Nice WBW stems too!

I was thinking that there used to be a Great Dane that was similar to the Diplomats. I went back and couldn't find it so I assumed I was mistaken. Glad to know I'm not crazy...

Added this to the post.

Top Bottom