What's new

Let's Talk about Talc

I use it daily to keep the boys happy

I couldn't have summed up my use any better.

I have a large bottle of Clubman Talc. Love that stuff. I took one of my kids' lone socks (the dryer ate the other one) and half filled it with talc, then tied off the end. I use it as kind of a rosin bag. The talc passes through the sock just enough to apply, without getting everywhere. It's perfect for applying anywhere on the body. I keep my talc sock in an Old Spice mug in my den.

I also have some vintage talc. 4 tins of Williams talc and a couple other random brands. Of particular note, one of the Williams tins says to use the talc as a post shave, but it specifies to use it after using Aqua Velva (also a Williams brand). Just thought it was interesting in case anybody wondered about using talc and aftershave, you definitely want to apply the talc last.

I have a friend who judges gym locker rooms purely on the variety of talcum powders. So far country clubs seem to be the best bet. Get a guest pass and sample away!

Also, if you've never tried it, corn starch does wonders 'down south'. Feels pretty amazing. I've made a combo of Borotalco w/ Corn Starch - seriously refreshing!!!

My son gave me some D.R. Harris Arlington for Christmas.

I now use it after a shower on chest, neck and southern regions and perfect end to a nice shower :thumbup1:

Gene

Fantastic for the hot humid months here. I currently use either Gold Bond, don't discount that cooling menthol on a stupid hot humid summer day, or Anti Monkey Butt. The name alone makes it worth having.

Also, if you've never tried it, corn starch does wonders 'down south'. Feels pretty amazing. I've made a combo of Borotalco w/ Corn Starch - seriously refreshing!!!
I used to work for a cosmetic compounder, and the popular line of "bare minerals" is like 93% corn starch. That stuff goes for about twenty-thirty bucks for a thimble full.

It obviously works as there is a religious following for that stuff.

Very educational thread. I am headed for the jungles of Ecuador next month and a portion of talc definitely sounds like it could come in handy for the nether regions, especially for the long hikes!

Thank you badger and blade!

I live in SC so to say it gets hot and humid in the summer is an understatement. I used to work in a papermill and it was 110 with 100% humidity everyday winter or summer. I fell in love with goldbond powder. I used it everyday and still use it some to this day. I mainly use it on my upper body now though I have found a lotion type product called fresh balls. Definitely a funny name but the stuff works wonders on the lower body and it doesn't create the mess that the powder does it goes on and last all day even in the swamps of SC.

I've been using body powder from Bonny Bubbles (http://www.bonnybubbles.net/) for the past several months. It is listed as talc and cornstarch free. Not sure what it is exactlty but it seems to be woring well and comes in a nice variety of scents. I am waiting for the hot and humid, southern, summer weather to set in before I give it the complet thumbs up. Previously I had liked Imperial Leather Talc (ebay) but I was looking for a slightly stronger scent.

I use talc in the classic way - on the nether regions for freshness and lubrication. The scent you'll choose is personal.

Chris

I work out in the elements so in the summer I always use Anti Monkey Butt or Dry Goods it is a spray talc. I use it on the boys and the booty to help with sweat and chaffing. When going out with the wife Balla powder for the boys its a bit pricey but is has a stronger scent which I like

Don

I've spent most of my life in Commercial Kitchens so I have a close relationship with cornstarch. We used to put a big X on the box that wasn't for food production...

Also, I kept a few floppy shave brushes that I do not use anymore for dusting on talc. They work well..fyi.

I have yet to try cornstarch but I know some people swear by it. Good idea about the old floppy brush I am sure I will make less mess doing that. thanks for the idea.

Don

I use talcum powder every day on my groin.

I use also talcum on my neck whenever I will wear a tie and close my collar.

I've used Gold Bond (in the classic yellow bottle) for as long as I can remember. I've been curious to try other brands and scents but have never gotten around to it.

+1

I love Gold Bond in the summer, but I think it is medicated corn starch. I use the clubman talc when it's cooler, but it does turn your whites pink. Even the white version of it has red dye in the ingredients. Seems to wash out, but be careful putting on a white shirt after powdering up. I don't think it would do anything dry, but if your hands were wet it might. I have never had a problem, but I am always careful. The red seems to show up with perspiration or moisture. Great stuff though. Smells so good!

I used to work for a cosmetic compounder, and the popular line of "bare minerals" is like 93% corn starch. That stuff goes for about twenty-thirty bucks for a thimble full.

It obviously works as there is a religious following for that stuff.

Very educational thread. I am headed for the jungles of Ecuador next month and a portion of talc definitely sounds like it could come in handy for the nether regions, especially for the long hikes!

Thank you badger and blade!

Gold Bond will keep you happy! More so than just talc I would think.

Top Bottom