What's new

Have you had problems with shipping from WCS?

I have had packages not scanned before - they just show up one day. It's annoying but for small packages their rates can't be beat.

If the USPS runs all of their operations this way, it's no wonder they're so far in the red...

It has more to do with the fact they have massive volume but can't raise prices whenever they want. Plus, they have to pre-fund their pension, unlike any other company in existence or any actual government (USPS is independent) branch.

Generally when its shipping label created it is the person sending the item not USPS. They just created your label for the package to be sent out, but haven't actually sent it. When they send it USPS instantly updates that. Their tracking sucks in terms of everything after that. So WCS just dropped the ball.

Generally when its shipping label created it is the person sending the item not USPS. They just created your label for the package to be sent out, but haven't actually sent it. When they send it USPS instantly updates that. Their tracking sucks in terms of everything after that. So WCS just dropped the ball.

I cannot agree with this. I have had packages delivered into my hands that still show as "label created" on line. I also have had packages shown as signed for that had not arrived yet. If you need to really track a package you need to pay for real fedex or UPS.

This happens all the time...the USPS is simply sloppy about scanning and the past two or three weeks have been particularly bad. Do not blame WCS -it has absolutely nothing to do with them.

WTG, BG. I ordered something from Garry (GSS) that showed as shipped the next day. I received the item exactly 2 weeks later. This clearly was no fault of is but a long shipping cycle. I have found an extremely marked improvement in the service at USPS but the tracking system sure does seem archaic. where I live, they happen to be the most reliable. UPS and FedEx are truly and completely hit or miss.

I send many small parcels USPS 2 day priority. I would say the majority arrive in 3 days or more. USPS does not do themselves any favors by advertising a service that they cannot deliver. (sorry for that one)

One the other hand, standard UPS or Fed-Ex takes a week to get to me. No great shakes either.

It isn't uncommon for USPS to not update their online tracking stuff. I've had packages that'll say "shipping label created" and nothing updates until the package is actually delivered.

I've had the same experience.

Presently waiting for a package from the Midwest that is marked "Out for Delivery." Only two days late, so I consider myself fortunate after reading some of the horror stories here.

I had a similar experience as the OP. My beloved ordered some D.R. Harris shave soap for a Valentines Day gift. It took two weeks to arrive, she said that tracking indicated that it was stuck in California for most of that time.

WCS has top notch shipping and customer service. The CA USPS, not so much.

USPS is spotty everywhere, for all shippers...its "tracking" is sometimes good, most times mediocre, sometimes abysmal.

As regards WCS, I have placed two orders with them, and both took 3 days or so to ship -- and then only after I pushed them via email, etc. -- this despite their promise to ship same/next day [details in another thread about "free shipping from WCS"...I don't want to beat a dead horse]. I like their website/selection/prices/etc. and they are a B&B vendor...so I will give them one more chance.

My $0.02...

Last week I placed an order for a new razor and some blades from WCS. My order was shipped on 2/19 using USPS. The only thing USPS has listed for the tracking number status is "shipping label created." I have called the USPS several times and they are absolutely no help whatsoever. They keep saying that until the status is updated, they have no idea where the package is, or when it will be delivered. I have also contacted WCS and they said they are aware of the lousy service from the USPS and just give them some time. I have a bad feeling about this as I believe the package has been lost...if not there would've been at some updates listed for the tracking number. Eight days later I still have not received my order, and the USPS still has not updated the status. What should I do? Should I keep waiting, hoping against reason that USPS didn't lose my package, or should I ask WCS to look into the matter from their end?

This is standard practice for USPS... about half of the packages I send with USPS do not get scammed along the entire ride. They get picked up in bulk, in bags or crates and USPS does not bother to scan them in, or even when they get to the depots, then 5 days later you see a delivery scan.

It's not WCS, trust me, their service is rock solid, I have purchased from them many times and they are wonderful.

It is not uncommon for a package to be delivered and the stats to still say label created.

GO back the next day and look at all the places it has been before it got to you.

Sad in a way

BUT

On the good side, they lose very little, though I did have one package delivered to me in a heavy plastic bag with the box covered in thick black grease about a month after it was sent. I never did get an explanation. The counter person said that I was lucky to even get it as it looked like it had gone THROUGH the middle of one of the sorting machines and probably was found when a larger box fell in and jammed the machine.

proxy.php

Glennconti shipped a razor to me on Monday. He lives in NJ, I live in TX. The razor is currently in Honolulu. Thanks USPS!

Glennconti shipped a razor to me on Monday. He lives in NJ, I live in TX. The razor is currently in Honolulu. Thanks USPS!

I ordered a gas sting trimmer last summer.

When the snow started falling UPS said "well we can confirm that your item has truly been lost"

Duh, I figured that one out after a couple weeks but it took them 4 months to admit it.

I just rememebered a friend of mine sent me a small box from Atlanta to Huntington WV and when it didn't arrive when I thought it should I used the tracking number it had gone back and forth to California.

I know this is not a WCS problem. I've had the exact same thing happen to me before when having things shipped to me from other vendors, so I know the issue is with the USPS. I did contact WCS via chat and they said they can't take any action until it's been 14 days since the package was picked up, which was on the 19th...

Last edited:
It's funny, make sure you get a case started via the national 800 number (get the reference number so there is tracking, this should be in addition to the tracking number for shipment but not always depending on how the rep handles it). Give it a 48 hours. If you get no response, call the local office itself and ask them directly.

If you get a run around, make sure you get the name of the person you're talking to and indicate that you'll be contacting the postal inspector (be nice about it however). It's amazing how FAST the package gets located.

....My uncle has been a postal inspector for >20 years and most of the issue he deals with is USPS employees slacking off, the local offices are really controlled by the local post master and a lot of the time they cover each other which I totally understand. It's impossible for the post master to know where everyone is all the time.

If you don't get a response, definitely contact the postal inspector. https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/

It will link you to a USPS site, but it goes to the right people. Be patient because that does take a lot of time if you have to go that route.

Top Bottom