What's new

Newbie from Washington State, USA

Hello everyone!

I have been reading and learning so much on this site and finally thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself. I have been DE shaving for about 4 months, and am just starting to learn to shave with a straight razor. Previously to using a safety razor I have used an electric razors (Norelco and and Braun series 7) which is still use every once in awhile when I am in a rush and have 5 minutes to get out the door. I have never tried a cartridge razor and probably wont unless for some reason curiosity gets to me.

What I believe first turned me on to wet shaving is the fact that I am really into knives (mostly pocket some fixed blades) and sharpening them. Once I finally started getting good at sharpening knives and I would test the sharpness of the knife like many people do by shaving the hair on my forearm. After awhile it occurred to me that I really like shaving hair on my arm with a very sharp blade why not try it on my face haha.

Anyway after I did some research I got myself an Edwin Jagger DE89. I read a lot and watched videos on technique and after about a week or two I was able to shave pretty comfortably with a safety razor. I am still working on perfecting my technique and I am starting to get comfortable with ATG passes. I am now using a straight razor to start out by shaving my cheeks and the my chin and then finishing up everything else with a safety razor. Wet shaving is very fun and satisfying, I am glad I started doing it and I am glad a was able to find such a good resource of knowledge as B&B.

Here is my razor and brush collection. (I will probably be buying a Silvertip Thater soon and my next razor will probably be a Muhle R41 in a year or so.)

$0226150930b.jpg

Welcome! Sounds as if you, like me, got into de shaving so you could eventually use a straight. I’m in Washington State too; it’s an awesome place to live and shave.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I just posted my entry to the Hall of Fame. Thank you for the link to B&B wiki page it looks like there is a fantastic amount of information and insight in there I look forward to getting into it.

Glad to see there are some other people from Washington on here! I grew up in Washington State but been out of the state for the past 7 years. I lived in the SF Bay Area 5 years then Baltimore, MD for the past 2, I just moved back to home to Washington in December 2014 and I must say it feels good to be home!

Hello and welcome here, Brandon. Great to have you on board. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to B&B! Man, that is one cool collection you have there.
-Edit-
Seriously, what's the name of that 4 razor stand? Might get it myself just so I have excuse to get three different new razors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom