What's new

Perth Wet Shaving Suppliers

I'm a dedicated wet shaver from Perth and have purchased many products from Mens Biz in Melbourne. Quite good company although ordered some products that were delivered to my unit and went missing. They eventually compensated. They now charge extra for Australia Post delivery otherwise just dropped off at address with no security at all. Poor service if you have to pay extra just to have the security of Australia Post! Went into Mr Shaver in Piccadilly Arcade in Perth. Have an impressive looking display but way overpriced. I was after a leather pouch for a razor and was quoted $80!!
I'll stick to ordering overseas if our Aussie retailers can't lift their game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a dedicated wet shaver from Perth and have purchased many products from Mens Biz in Melbourne. Quite good company although ordered some products that were delivered to my unit and went missing. They eventually compensated. They now charge extra for Australia Post delivery otherwise just dropped off at address with no security at all. Poor service if you have to pay extra just to have the security of Australia Post! Went into Mr Shaver in Piccadilly Arcade in Perth. Have an impressive looking display but way overpriced. I was after a leather pouch for a razor and was quoted $80!!
I'll stick to ordering overseas if our Aussie retailers can't lift their game.

I'm sorry, I saw that your post was edited; did you have a question about Perth Wet Shaving Suppliers?
I'm not from WA, but I'd assume that, like everything else there in the midst of the resources boom, things are more expensive than you might expect to pay elsewhere.

Concerning MensBiz, I think that:

a) it's mighty good of them to replace products that have been pilfered from your address, and although we've come to expect it as consumers, I still appreciate when I hear that kind of customer service. I'm not sure your gripe of "they eventually compensated" reflects an appreciation of the fact that you chose to have products shipped to an unsecure location, the products were stolen, and MensBiz bore the financial loss for that. I think that's pretty good of any retailer to do this.

b) Australia Post is bloody expensive compared to other national mail carriers - and they're not going to get cheaper with the recent announcement of a big projected loss this year. MensBiz likely has a deal with a courier company to deliver the packages for them for much less than what AusPost would offer. This would explain how MensBiz can offer free shipping. Passing along the cost of a more expensive (and optional) delivery method is not what I would consider "poor service".

If you don't have a secure place for parcels to be left, do what I did, and sign up for an Australia Post parcel locker account - they're not PO boxes so it's my understanding that things can be delivered there without hassle.

Since your post didn't have a question in it, I wasn't sure what response you wanted to elicit, but those are my two cents.

Last edited:
Mr Shaver's pricing is outrageous. In the same arcade there is Esquires who have some shaving products. Unfortunately, online is your best bet.

i know this post is over 12 months old but there is a relatively new wet shaving online shop based in Perth, cutthroatclub.com.au

i don't own the store. i just purchase most of my gear thru them. they will order in a lot of gear in if its not in their shop too.

i know this post is over 12 months old but there is a relatively new wet shaving online shop based in Perth, cutthroatclub.com.au

i don't own the store. i just purchase most of my gear thru them. they will order in a lot of gear in if its not in their shop too.

Thanks for your post, I'll update the Shaving supplies wiki shortly.

Also, welcome to B&B! :badger:

Why not drop by the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself! :thumbsup:

Looks good and welcome to B&B. They do seem new with currently limited range but they sell Thayers, EJ, Merkur, Dovo to name a few. It would be awesome if they had a store front...shipping is $5 within Perth's surrounding suburbs (or appears to be for 'light weight item' on my test of a tub of TOBS) which seems reasonable.

Top Bottom