What's new

Coticule Slurry Stone

Since I have a new to me natural combo coticule I had hoped to get a natural combo bout/slurry stone. I am having a hard time finding one. I have searched extensively, emailed a popular coticule seller with negative results, and am still awaiting an email from Ardennes. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Was it you that just did that with a hacksaw? That is an option, just not a preferred one at this time.

I've done that on a nice small vintage that was markedly saddle-backed. Cut off both ends before lapping it flat. This works best on a stone from eBay that you get really cheap because of the major saddle though, lol. I don't know if I could bear to cut a piece from a nice stone.

Josh--I see you are USCG in Alaska. Thanks. Was 15 years in USN. Been to Adak many times and had to make an emergency landing in King Salmon under the worst conditions the C-9 could handle. Wow.

Do you know what your coticule is? Do you want a similar or different slurry stone? I can probably find one in the shave den that will suffice if you let me know what you are looking for. It's on me. Don't forget that a fine DMT diamond plate will work very well with your stone but there are subtle differences between that and a slurry stone. You should have each. Later, Denny

Bottom

DMT diamond plate?
Which one??

I use the red "fine" dmt card or pocket hone which lists 600 grit. I have used super fine, too, and like the feel of that, but going to coarse (350 or so grit) doesn't do it for me. I seems like the stone has to break in a little from the coarse dmt. Probably in my mind.

Josh--I see you are USCG in Alaska. Thanks. Was 15 years in USN. Been to Adak many times and had to make an emergency landing in King Salmon under the worst conditions the C-9 could handle. Wow.

Do you know what your coticule is? Do you want a similar or different slurry stone? I can probably find one in the shave den that will suffice if you let me know what you are looking for. It's on me. Don't forget that a fine DMT diamond plate will work very well with your stone but there are subtle differences between that and a slurry stone. You should have each. Later, Denny

Bottom

I sent you a PM (or two).

Top Bottom