What's new

NOS Gold Schick Krona with Extras - Use or Not to Use?

I have a couple of those sets.

No. I didn't try the toothpaste... Lol

One of mine is missing the fingernail clipper. The other one is missing the antacids and aspirin tubes.

You have a perfect looking set there.

Congratulations!

Mother of god, that's a pretty set.

In my humble opinion, keeping a razor in NOS condition without using it to shave is an insult to the people that spent time and effort designing, making and marketing said razor. It's like having a vintage car and just keeping it in the garage instead of driving it.

It's a machine with a purpose. I disagree with the collector angle as well. Jay Leno drives all of his cars, so use all of your razors!

Jonsta

Mother of god, that's a pretty set.

In my humble opinion, keeping a razor in NOS condition without using it to shave is an insult to the people that spent time and effort designing, making and marketing said razor. It's like having a vintage car and just keeping it in the garage instead of driving it.

It's a machine with a purpose. I disagree with the collector angle as well. Jay Leno drives all of his cars, so use all of your razors!

Jonsta

OK. That last line says it all. Jay drives the heck out of some of those collectable cars! I take care of my "things," so It's not like I would use it once and put it away with shaving cream all over it that will corrode the finish.

As for knowing 100% it has never been used. I don't. It is in perfect mint condition and has zero signs of wear. It was advertised as NOS and I believe it. Sometimes we have to trust people. I paid $36 for the set and would have a heck of a time finding another minty gold krona like it without extras for less.

I'm going to use it and it's going to be exciting. Which is the point of all this, isn't it? It sure hasn't been cheap since I started wet shaving again. :laugh:

I have a mint condition gold plated Krona. I shaved with it once & put it away as I have several other Kronas and as we all know, gold doesn't make it shave any better. :001_smile

I have a mint condition gold plated Krona. I shaved with it once & put it away as I have several other Kronas and as we all know, gold doesn't make it shave any better. :001_smile

The gold prevents razor burn. :lol: Funny avatar picture, Gillette down. :laugh:

Top Bottom