What's new

NOS Gold Schick Krona with Extras - Use or Not to Use?

I recently purchased a never been used Gold Krona that came with extras. It's a '76 Executive Travel Case from 1965 produced for Schick by Tawn Limited. These cases were produced as a Limited Edition as a Tribute to the 1776 Declaration of Independence. I'm a user, but this may be better just to collect or resell to a collector. I love the way the Krona's shave, but I'm more into injectors lately. I was planning on using, but having 2nd thoughts. What do you gents think, use or don't use?

$20150225_155213.jpg$20150225_155312.jpg$20150225_155426.jpg$20150225_155453.jpg$20150225_155547.jpg

Do not use! Buy yourself another Krona off the bay or here. That is a really nice complete set, some collector would definitely want that.

I just saw one on the bay a few days ago. A complete set just like yours with a BIN of $99. I seriously considered it. It's a beautiful set. Keep it NOS and unused. At least that's what I would do.

I agree with the boys above.Don't use it,let it grow in value,You can shave with another Krona and leave this set in its present mint condition.A really gorgeous travel set.

Thanks, Gents! I won't use it. :bored: I guess I'll find another Krona to use with my new feather blades.

Mine is missing the nail clippers. Funny how that's the only thing they used. Or it just went missing; who knows. It got held up due to the bad weather. Got me worried.

Pick of the box.
$20150225_155106.jpg

Gotta agree with the guys too, this is a really nice set. Find an $8 krona and use it. Save the set.

I've never seen a gold krona. So nice!

If it was me though, i would shave at least once with it. I'm not a collector though.

Don't use. If your not a collector, sell it.
This.

I have opined in the past that one should be honored to be the first to use a NOS vintage razor (what I did with my birth year Schick G1...but I did hesitate).

However, what the OP had surely appears to have collectible value, and would probably appreciate.

It's not sealed in plastic, it's loose. How can anyone be certain that it has never been used??? I'd never advocate breaking a seal on anything that is truly NOS, definitely save that stuff for the collectors. But I'll be the first to say, go ahead and use that one.

It's not sealed in plastic, it's loose. How can anyone be certain that it has never been used??? I'd never advocate breaking a seal on anything that is truly NOS, definitely save that stuff for the collectors. But I'll be the first to say, go ahead and use that one.

+1.

The more I look at it the more I want to use it. It's just stuff right? YOLO? If I don't use it and sell it who says the next guy/gal wont use it!? As for it appreciating in value, it's not going to make me rich that's for sure.

+1

Top Bottom