What's new

Toolbox

I would recommend the Husky ... I have a few knives from them that I use at work and they are 7 years old and still going strong. It is well designed, ergonomic and easy to open and close. I'm sure they put the same engineering into all their products.

Kobalt, on the other hand, looks great when you're looking at it in the store. They seem to be well made, but they're not. I've had a few Kobalt products that broke on me within a month of use, and I am not hard on my tools at all. After the third time this happened and I had to return it for a refund, I swore off Kobalt and I advise everyone not to buy them. Especially if you're going to depend on it for your job.

I've never bought anything from Harbor Freight, but I used to window-shop in their store and read their catalogs a lot. I hear nothing but good things about this company from those that do own HF tools.

I'll second the husky. It's extremely robust (much more so than the Kobalt boxes) and half the price. Just doesn't come with the silly speakers.

Well the husky sounds better all the time. btw are you really the real scuba Steve? Lol I love that movie.

Yes, but I don't dive in the bathtub.
proxy.php

Ah, the old Garage Journal. If you need info about a hand tool that's your place. And tool chest threads rage. Remember, there are guys there who are crazier than we wet shavers are when it comes to collecting tools. And by that I mean obsess. I have read threads there where some members report owning just about every set of Snap on wrenches made. If you think we spend money you haven't seen it til you look at a chest full of Snap on tools. Makes Czech & Speake look downright bargain priced! Good guys for sharing information there.

Oh I know all about the tool spending lol. I love my hand tools but it's a habit I can't afford. Now my brother on the other hand makes weekly trips to the snap on, mac, and matco truck and he isn't even a mechanic. I would love to have either the tools he has bought or the cash he has wrapped up in them. Fortunately I now have a reason to support my hand tool obsession since I'm entering the mechanic field lol.

So I settled on a harbor freight 44" top and bottom with a side locker. With the locker it just seemed more practical with a place I can keep my coat and an extra uniform. I used it for the first time today and can say I'm very satisfied.

Dont go cheap. A man is only as good as his tools and if you're not organized you're handicapped out of the gate. My tool box has wheels and is called a "van". Good luck and best wishes on the new job.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom