What's new

Proraso: What Improves On It?

I have a tube of both Proraso Green and Red, and honestly I love them both. Easy to use, great lather, good moisturizing for my face. I do have a few different creams to choose from, but it's not really a preference of liking them any more than Proraso, just that I like them for their own sake.

If you like Sandalwood scents, I'd recommend giving TOBS Sandalwood a try. To me, it actually has a slight edge over Proraso Red in the scent category, but that's about it. Both are great performers, and of course, scent is subjective anyways.

I've used all of the Proraso creams. They are reasonably slick, but for me they were always a bit inconsistent in their cushion, often being too thin for my taste.
TOBS Eton College and Jermyn Street for me, offer the same slickness but more cushion by a factor of 10.
Castle Forbes has the same cushion but adds even more slickness to TOBS. It's so slick and cushioned I find myself getting sloppy with my technique because I get no feedback on the blade.

IMO the Ballenclaugh Boston blend is Prorasso Green on steroids, the scent is very similar but stronger, as is the cool face-feel, and the lather is silkier and creamier.

I am relatively new but was excited to try all of the Prorasos, and I would rate them as follows

1- White (Nice mild menthol)
2- Blue (Balanced for everyday)
3- Red (Softer and no menthol, nice for cold winter days but somewhat harder to lather/thinner)

I haven't tried Castle Forbes but I will as soon as I go through my batch of the above mentioned. Castle Forbes limes smells divine! Checked it out at the local shop. I also have a bunch of samples of Acca Kappa, TOBs and Harris. They all work well too but are not a day and night improvement on Proraso, however you can get a more diverse line of scents with other brands.

Top Bottom