What's new

Razors that allow you to cheat a bit while shaving your neck.

If you're anything like me, you have to be extremely careful while shaving you're neck or else you run the risk of razor burn, ingrown hairs, etc. I think that I've come a long way in my technique, but I still have a very difficult time maintaining proper blade angle when shaving my neck. That's why I'm wondering if there are any razors designed to compensate for bad technique on the neck. I'm obviously going to keep on trying to improve my form while shaving my neck as it's obviously the first and best step in getting an irritation smooth shave, but I think that a specialized razor would be very helpful in my case.

It may sound insane, but devette is the first razor I have no problems with my neck. Should be because you can actually see and feel the blade itself instead of safety bar/comb. And you just cant make extra pressure than is required as there is no guard. Worth to try.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
What blades do you use?
I found out that there are much more forgiving blades that are easy on your neck. Mine is also very sensitive.

There should be more people advocating special-purpose shaving implements. You might want to try a Tech with a mellow blade like Personna Med Prep. One of the milder Super Speeds might also be worth a try. A Gem 1912 would probably work nicely if your neck hair is not extraordinarily thick (e.g., because SE blades are a bit tuggy and less sharp than DE blades).

The other suggestions are also quite good. You might want to skip the ATG, particularly in those trouble areas.

Just practice and time. You'll be fine. It took me 3-4 weeks to develop reliable, consistent, repeatable technique. Good luck.

The Progress! You can turn it down for you neck, way down if you like, and have a very comfortable smooth shave without worrying about getting bitten from the blade. Its a great razor, and Ive been using forrests modified Progress, it goes to a very, very mild setting and is great for sensitive areas, especially under my nose. I think stock Progress's mildest settings are shaving with the razor set to the + sign, so I can also attest to saying that setting is very mild as well, not nearly as mild as a -2 setting, but any Progress can be modified this way, its easy! Ive been using different settings for different areas of my face, and am getting my best shaves to date.

Ugh, I hate to say this but a Weishi is actually a decent, low cost option that makes up for inexperienced technique. I got really decent shaves with it right up until I switched to a slim (also a good option).

Jonsta

I get the best result with the R-41. Sounds aggressive, but I'd rather do 2 passes and get BBS on the neck rather than go over and over again the same trouble spots. Just requires a bit of additional no pressure attention around Adam's apple

Try a single edge razor, a Gem or Ever Ready if you have not already.
Shaves the neck very well. And really shines when going against the grain.

Also try shaving with cold water. That is the only way one of my sons can shave irritation free.

It may sound insane, but devette is the first razor I have no problems with my neck. Should be because you can actually see and feel the blade itself instead of safety bar/comb. And you just cant make extra pressure than is required as there is no guard. Worth to try.

+1. I'm a recent convert to the BBX, and I've never got closer shaves on the neck as now. Not for everyone, but worth checking out if you like the feel of the blade's edge against your skin.

Top Bottom