What's new

Seiko Prospex Fieldmaster Solar

$IMAG0270.jpg

This is something I've wanted for about a year. Case with shroud comes out to about 49mm or so, but it wears well in my wrist. I swapped out the rubber dive strap for this Tech Swiss two-tone leather job. Not sure if I like it though. Going to stew on it a bit.

Watch has a stopwatch/chronograph function, and I was pleasantly surprised that it has a date window. Didn't notice it when I looked at it online.

Together with the Parnis and Orange Monster, recently rediscovered in a box after a move.
$IMAG0267.jpg
Synched this watch to the Naval Observatory clock last night around 9. 12 hours later has it one second behind.
$IMAG0268.jpg

That's a very nice timepiece, congrats. Keep pondering the strap options.

I appreciate the diplomatic manner in which you said, "The two-tone band sucks."

Sometimes even I, the guy with a photo portrait of Churchill hanging over the mantle, forgets that in life the conservative route is invariably the route one should take.

$IMAG0292.jpg

I think that should do it for now...

Cool watch and 2nd strap is a much better choice... if you ever want to go back to rubber but dont like Seiko's very stiff rubber straps, that watch would looks so good on ISOfrane rubber.. Congrats on a very cool watch...

That's a very nice timepiece, congrats. Keep pondering the strap options.

I appreciate the diplomatic manner in which you said, "The two-tone band sucks."

Sometimes even I, the guy with a photo portrait of Churchill hanging over the mantle, forgets that in life the conservative route is invariably the route one should take.

View attachment 552245

I think that should do it for now...

As far as how I am fixed for blades, as per your signature question, I have about 3 years worth of Astra Platinums and stainless blades, with a good amount of Sharks remaining too.

If you don't mean those types of blades, then my current "excrement strikes the occillating air mover" blade is the Blackbird SK-5.

$download.jpg

My friend Jim refers to that Kephart blade style as a big butter knife. Apparently, if it doesn't look like something you'd stab the Predator with, he just isn't interested.

Top Bottom