What's new

Shavette Surprise!

Hello Gents!

I recently purchased a Dovo Shavette, for more convenience when traveling.

I used it for the first time this morning and I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the shave! This is not a bad way to go.

I just snapped a DE blade in half, loaded it up, two passes... boom! Office Ready!

Very nice shave from such an inexpensive set up!

Bob

While I've never tried the Dovo I have the Feather Artist Club SS. Shavettes are good for sure. While I love my AC I do envy shavettes that use DE blades because you can only use specialty blades for mine. The Feather is my go to if for some reason I had gotten a lot of irritation from the day before. They allow for the least amount of pressure & a steeper angle due to their sharpness. I can usually get a super close shave w/out adding to the irritation .

I like the dovo so much I have two. The stainless and the brown one. I shower shave with them. I also have a feather AC and again I get great shaves. Lately I've been using a green and stainless handled Weck Hair shaper and bantham with persona blades. A nice close three pass shave.

I switched from DE to shavette going on a year ago now. I've never tried a Dove but I hear good things about them. My favorite right now is a Parker push style. I have a Weck Sextoblade which I like and a Weck hairshaper which I find too small for my hand. I also have a Dreadnought which I also find a bit small. That all being said, I love shavettes and rarely use a DE anymore.

TheThe dovo shavette was my introduction into traditional wet shaving. I over paid for one at AOS. But I had a knowledgeable salesperson who really treated me well and had me on my way. I'd still be using Foam everyday with no brush and no AS if it wasn't for them, so I guess it was worth the cash. I think the shavette gives a great shave (though unforgiving).

Shavette was my first, and to this day only, wet shaving tool, and I have no plans on changing to anything else. It combines the best of two worlds. The craft of straight shaving, and the ability to experiment with loads of different blades.

The Dovo was my first, but I've been using the Bluebeards one lately, and I actually prefer the latter.

I almost exclusively use a shavette. It's the razor that cured my RAD. I usually use a universal which takes a full DE blade but sometimes switch it up with a Weck Sextoblade.

Glad to hear you like the Dovo shavette. I'm using a Feather Artist Club SS and love it. It's the only straight I've used and I don't have any plans to get a traditional straight, although I can't rule out another shavette. I like being able to get a straight razor shave without the added maintenance that goes along with traditional straights.

The Dovo Shavette is to straight razors what the Schick injector is to DE razors. Cheaper in feel and not as sexy.... but when it comes to that shave, so easy and smooth it feels like your cheating.

Glad to hear you like the Dovo shavette. I'm using a Feather Artist Club SS and love it. It's the only straight I've used and I don't have any plans to get a traditional straight, although I can't rule out another shavette. I like being able to get a straight razor shave without the added maintenance that goes along with traditional straights.

I'm with you in your thinking jay124. I have a number of traditional straights which all need honing. I love straight shaving for several reasons but the idea of spending a good bit money on stones and strops and then having to go through all the extra effort of maintaining a standard straight razor... well, that's just more than I care to deal with right now. Give me my shavette and I'm a happy man! :straight:

I did my third shavette shave last night (Parker). What I learned is that 2 shaves is my limit per blade! The first two were fantastic, and as I have no experience with a straight razor of any sort, I was very pleasantly surprised. How many shaves are you guys getting per 1/2 blade?

I've been using my brown Dovo Shavette this week with the long blade in the black comb holder. God close shaves and strangely easier to whistle about the face with. Almost as though no cutting is taking place but the shaves have been nick free so far.

Top Bottom