What's new

R41 Muhle versus Fatip, which one is more aggressive? ? ?

I have shaved many times with a Muhle R41 2013 and a Fatip/Joris razor. I feel that the Fatip is more aggressive than the R41 while being smoother also. I would welcome other opinions on this.

If you have shaved with both of these razors, what do you think? Which is most aggressive?

Ron, I find both the 2011 and 2013 R41s to be more aggressive than the FaTip or Joris/Plisson. I do think that the FaTip is smoother than 2013 R41, but I'm not sure that I'd consider it smoother than the 2011 R41. For the record, I find the 2011 R41 smoother and more efficient than the 2013 R41.

Peter, I find the R41 2013, pulls on my whiskers sometimes like it is plucking them and is not smooth at all. It does shave close but not smooth at all for me. I have never used the 2011 R41.
./.

Last edited:
I have both and find the Fatip more aggressive than the 2013 R41. The 2011 R41 is more agressive than the Fatip but no longer in production.

Those aré My favorite two razors, the muhle is better only in regad that My shaves with the muhle last longer that with the fatip Butch the fatip is easier to use and is very close to the muhle in closeness

No 2013, but my 2011 is more aggressive than my FaTip. My 2011 can get tuggy, but that just means I need a new blade- after its second shave. Good thing my BBX puts the blades to use afterwards.

I definitely find the 2011 R41 more aggressive than the Fatip, but a lot less smooth. The combination of effectiveness and smoothness that the Fatip provides is unparalleled, IMO. (A possible competitor is the NEW LC -- just as smooth, but not quite as effective, in my experience.)

I'm never entirely sure how to answer a "which is more aggressive" question, because I'm not 100% sure what it means. I do find my R41 much smoother than my Fatip though. The fatip often feels rough in comparison.

I'm never entirely sure how to answer a "which is more aggressive" question, because I'm not 100% sure what it means. I do find my R41 much smoother than my Fatip though. The fatip often feels rough in comparison.

Funny, I find just the opposite. I never got a smooth shave from a R41.

My question would be, how are these rating determined? Are these just one mans opinion?
All of that is in the wiki along with direct posts to all of the threads and polls used to assemble the data... But short answer, all of B&B had the opportunity to participate

I definitely find the 2011 R41 more aggressive than the Fatip, but a lot less smooth. The combination of effectiveness and smoothness that the Fatip provides is unparalleled, IMO. (A possible competitor is the NEW LC -- just as smooth, but not quite as effective, in my experience.)

The Gillette NEW LC is a nice smooth razor but mild compared to either one of these.
./.

I think the Fatip Grande is more aggressive than the R41. I really enjoy both of them, but the Fatip feels more aggressive to me. I get quality shaves from either. My New long comb is a good shaver too, but not in the same realm of aggression.

2013 R41 Most Aggressive
FaTip Piccolo, slightly less aggressive, but smoother and easier to use. A bit less likely to bite.

then down a fair bit

LC New
SC New

Top Bottom