Reef Point Dragon's Blood
Vie-Long 12705
11/16 Henckel #415
Tony Miller 3" Heirloom Steerhide Strop
Shavex Alum Block
George F. Trumper Lime Skin Food
Mont Blanc Starwalker
Click here to view quoted image.

Some day, I'd like to see a wider shot of that cabinet in the background. Your pics are always sharp, and that background ads an interesting element to it.

Ever-Ready/Gem(2), WW Synthetic, Soapy Bathman "Just Bananas", Nivea Energy, Lentheric Talc

I received the Soapy Bathman soap in a multi-soap trade this week and I skeptically tried it out today, it lathered rather quickly, it had a great sweet scent, and it held up very well on the face. I likely would have never purchased this soap but now I might have to check SB's other offerings.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 83
Wonderful photos, gentlemen! Have a great Saturday! :thumbup:

Winblows
Zarolho
Brad58
Stefano
Cash
Soren
Robk
JoeSomebody
Brian (welcome to the forum and the SOTD!)
:thumbup:
eezee
Roderick
Chris (arelli)
Jeff
Sir_Eider
sarimento1 (lovely)
120inna55
Stephen
Erik (a rare pic from you! Welcome to the SOTD!)
:thumbup:
Chris (cmh737)
Noah
YourGunshowTix
David
Noire
Michael
Nick
Dave

Last edited:
Lapsang Souchong

Head/face shave at the sink, this time. This was about 2 hours after my shower. I didn't intend to shave today, but I was anxious to try-out my new Stirling soap that arrived yesterday. So, prep was a quick head/face wash with Lucky Tiger Face wash. I make such a mess at the sink, but it was all good this morning. I didn't follow "The Great Outdoors" theme, but it sure smelled like it!

Technique: WTG-->XTG-->ATG/clean-up.
Soap
: Stirling Soap Co. "Texas on Fire"

Brush: Semogue 1250 Boar
Razor: iKon Shavecraft #102 Slant
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless Platinum-Coated
Post: Fine Snake Bite After Shave & 1740 Blackout Beard Balm (Death Wish Coffee infused)
Pay-off: Lapsang Souchong Tea from Light of Day Organics

Let's get right to the Stirling Soap. This soap is probably the most thirsty of all the soaps I've used, but when I found the balance, I was in heaven. The scent will likely polarize, but I absolutely enjoyed it. It smells exactly like Lapsang Souchong tea. Stirling has a post shave feel that rivals that of Los Angeles Shaving Soap's products. There was only a light lingering scent on my skin, but the restroom still smells like I had a camp fire in there. Absolutely incredible soap. I'm going to purchase a lot more in case they stop making it.

This was the first time I've used a Feather in the iKon #102. The 102 certainly changed the character of the blade. I really enjoyed the combination. I can't say it beat out my favorite Astra, but it performed at least as well. I can't really make that determination since this was in the presence of a soap that's new to me.

Even though I'd already had 4 cups of coffee this morning, the "Texas on Fire" flung a craving upon me for Lapsang Souchong. For those of you that have never heard of it, I highly recommend you try it for something unique. I won't belabor this thread with how Lapsang Souchong is made, but I will suggest that if you want to try it, you should get a premium vendor (like Light of Day Organics) to get a real example of how it's supposed to taste. There are many tea makers that just can't pull it off, and it ends up just tasting like liquid smoke.

$TexasOnFireLapsangSouchong02.28.15.jpg​

SOTD, Saturday morning, February 28th, 2015

Shower + Glycerine soap face lather and rinse
D.R. Harris Arlington shave soap stick
Rudy Vey badger brush
Feather Artist Club folding straight razor + Proguard blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Arlington aftershave splash

A calm, warm morning along the Chena River just outside Fairbanks!
The stainless Feather is a perfect travel companion as well!
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

proxy.php

SOTD 28 Feb 2015

Hot Shower - Brut Bath Soap | Gillette Fatboy (G1) day 28 | DeRuiter Custom boar | Mama Bear's Brute Shave Soap
PoliSilver SI (3) | Alum | Brut AS | Brute Special Reserve Cologne

Enjoy your Saturday Gentlemen

proxy.php

Saturday

Proshave Scuttle ¤ B&B 2011 D01 LE by R. Vey ¤ 8/8" Lenrub
Culmak soap ¤ Floïd Suave ¤ Boss Bottled EDT

Have a nice Saturday, Gentlemen :001_smile

http://www.shm.dk/shave/sotd/2015/02/28.jpg

balance wheel hairspring blues
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8575/16484247718_b0ba737058_k.jpg
simpson commodore
1959 fat boy
martin de candre fougere
personna red
myrsol formula c

Not sure what it is about butterscotch brushes but they always get my attention. Nice shots Gents!

Proraso
G5
Joe Badger
Tabac
1935 Rolls Razor
Tabac AS
Iggy's Balm
Click here to view quoted image.
Have a Great Saturday Gents!

Great shot of the Rolls! They are an amazing piece of equipment, still trying to get proficient with mine.

February 28
Schick G / Chinese Schick (3)
Proraso Blue Tube
NGT Pure Badger
TBS White Musk ASB
Vintage Old Spice
Today I have started to call Schick Saturday. On most Saturdays I will use a Schick Injector for my shave. Today's shave with the black handle G was most satisfying. Smooth and close. The Proraso Blue is a wonderful cream, with a pleasing scent and a little bit of cream makes mounds of lather. I have included two photos of my outdoor photo, as this is the first photo this week taken outdoors, and I might not have time to do one outdoors tomorrow. Have a great day Gentlemen.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-.../bvI9eCvHgfo/w969-h545-no/20150228_091800.jpghttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-.../eVuLP72qdgQ/w969-h545-no/20150228_091639.jpg

great sunny winter scene!

Good Saturday to you Gents. Nice photos/video All! Including those I missed from Friday

thanks! enjoyed your cactus and barbed wire this morning also!

SOTD, Saturday morning, February 28th, 2015

Shower + Glycerine soap face lather and rinse
D.R. Harris Arlington shave soap stick
Rudy Vey badger brush
Feather Artist Club folding straight razor + Proguard blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Arlington aftershave splash

A calm, warm morning along the Chena River just outside Fairbanks!
The stainless Feather is a perfect travel companion as well!
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c4/67/9d/c4679d8bfdb0f1c613f98965be7a3e74.jpg

Wow, great sunrise shot!

Razor: Eagle Improved
Blade: Ted Pella Modified
Brush Handle: Vie-Long Beehive
Brush Knot: Plisson Synthetic
Soap: Cade
Aftershave: Fine Platinum

28 FEBRUARY 2015

Shannon's Soaps: Lady Luck
Plisson L'Occitane w/Rudy Vey PJ style handle
GD 300 (thanks, Buca)
Pinaud Clubman Classic