What's new

Laser hair removal

I like to shave. I think the silvertip brush, the soaps/creams are a godsend. I get BBS from mach3 and I shave ATG every single day. I am wanting to do only a couple sessions. When I dont shave for a week, I look MORE clean shaven and my shaves are extremely comfortable, any pass. But I cant wait that long. I basically want to reduce the hair so that when I do shave, it is ABSOLUTELY bald, no razor burn, irritation, effortless, comfortable, etc. Im obsessed with my upper lip being completely bald.

If anyone has done this on their face, please share. Im the perfect candidate with fair skin and dark hair. The only thing holding me back is fear of permanent redness, especially on my face. That scares me to death. But I have yet to see this as a permanent side effect. It usually lasts only up to 8 hours post-treatment. Also skin damage, scarring or hyperpigmentation, etc.

I know its strange but I think about my lower face being completely bald ALL DAY. Its like how some people think about cars or boats, well I dream of my lower face being completely bald especially my upper lip.

I know its strange but I think about my lower face being completely bald ALL DAY. Its like how some people think about cars or boats, well I dream of my lower face being completely bald especially my upper lip.

Okeeyyy...:rolleyes: [Silently and slowly steps back while looking cautiously at the same time]

The reason you get a wonderful shave after waiting a week is because your skin has a chance to heal after destroying it with an M3. It is very unlikely that somebody will able to make your complete look completely normal and even after only a few treatments. I think the entire idea of facial laser hair removal is odd.......Unless your a girl.

The reason you get a wonderful shave after waiting a week is because your skin has a chance to heal after destroying it with an M3. It is very unlikely that somebody will able to make your complete look completely normal and even after only a few treatments. I think the entire idea of facial laser hair removal is odd.......Unless your a girl.

My skin doesnt get destroyed by an M3. I shave every day WTG and ATG and look good. The reason is because when hair grows, it gets finer and softer so it isnt as thick. Also, I dont see how reducing the hair with laser wouldnt give me the look.

Again, if anyone here has done it or considered it, please let me know.

As having a smooth face is a major hobby of yours, it would appear the first thing you need to do is hit the books hard and find out what risks there are associated with laser hair removal, particularly on areas with thin skin such as the face. If there is even a chance of ending up permanently disfigured, would it really be worth it?

You might consider :eek: waxing your face now and then. Your hair will grow back thinner every time you wax it, making shaving easier and easier and reducing the roughness of your beard. Perhaps work on just your upper lip at first.

Another option is trying to find out why you are obsessed with this. You'll have to forgive me, but the depth of your obsession sounds unhealthy to me. Just because it makes sense to you doesn't mean that it is for the best. Try getting second opinions from people who are close to you that you trust but who do not have this same obsession.

Then again, perhaps it just the way reading something can make it seem different from how it is intended. As I say, I do not mean any insult. I am just trying to provide a complete answer.

Good luck finding satisfaction, how ever you find it. :001_smile

Once I tried waxing my chest/stomach (i workout) like 6 years ago but it got very irritated. i had red bumps everywhere and even ended up with some ingrown hairs. im trying to find out if anyone here has gotten the laser and how long their redness has stayed post-treatment. from what i hear, its not a perm side effect but maybe it can be in which case i wont take that risk.

As having a smooth face is a major hobby of yours, it would appear the first thing you need to do is hit the books hard and find out what risks there are associated with laser hair removal, particularly on areas with thin skin such as the face. If there is even a chance of ending up permanently disfigured, would it really be worth it?

You might consider :eek: waxing your face now and then. Your hair will grow back thinner every time you wax it, making shaving easier and easier and reducing the roughness of your beard. Perhaps work on just your upper lip at first.

Another option is trying to find out why you are obsessed with this. You'll have to forgive me, but the depth of your obsession sounds unhealthy to me. Just because it makes sense to you doesn't mean that it is for the best. Try getting second opinions from people who are close to you that you trust but who do not have this same obsession.

Then again, perhaps it just the way reading something can make it seem different from how it is intended. As I say, I do not mean any insult. I am just trying to provide a complete answer.

Good luck finding satisfaction, how ever you find it. :001_smile

I know a woman who ended up with serious scarring after laser gone bad... down south.
She is a pro-model, but no longer does bathing suits or lingerie.

Yeah, there's a lot of issues with laser. Aside from the risks, it's also not guaranteed to be permanent.

I'm in the middle of electrolysis treatments on my back. You could always do that, I know females have it done on their upper lips. I think it's considerably cheaper than laser too.

Yeah, there's a lot of issues with laser. Aside from the risks, it's also not guaranteed to be permanent.

I'm in the middle of electrolysis treatments on my back. You could always do that, I know females have it done on their upper lips. I think it's considerably cheaper than laser too.

dude, how's that electrolysis on your back going??? In the past two years, i've started growing mad hair on my back.....

I have a relative who is an M.D., and his wife owns a spa/esthetics business where they do laser hair removal. He says that it can be done, however he strongly recommends against it if you're doing it strictly for cosmetic reasons.

His first question was "why would he want to?" Laser hair removal is not without risk, and can get really expensive, really quickly. He suggested you really think through your motivations and self admitted obsession before committing to something like that.

I had laser hair removal done once on my neck. I have dark skin and black hair but that wasn't an issue. For a week my skin looked terrible and I thought I was going to have scarring. After the week, my skin looked great and shaving was an absolute breeze. The effects lasted about 2 months. I paid $150 for the treatment and I'd highly recommend it.

I had a lot of razor bumps and that's why I got the procedure done. During those two months, I really took some chances shaving and tinkered with my technique. Without the fear of ghastly bumps, I was able to test what would cause irritation and what wouldn't. When my hair was back to normal, I tried the same aggressive techniques. At the first sign of irritation, I stopped and tried again. Eventually, I got to the point where I could shave and have no irritation afterwards. In other words, I tried to retain irritation-free shaves after laser hair removal instead of trying to acquire irritation-free shaves without it.

dude, how's that electrolysis on your back going??? In the past two years, i've started growing mad hair on my back.....

You had it done?

So far so good, but I've only been getting treatments for about two months so far. I have two main patches of hair on my back and then less dense hair elsewhere. I'm almost done with the first go round on the two patches. The first patch is having the resting hairs have grown in from the first patch I did and we're going to start back on that after we finish up the second patch.

You had it done?

So far so good, but I've only been getting treatments for about two months so far. I have two main patches of hair on my back and then less dense hair elsewhere. I'm almost done with the first go round on the two patches. The first patch is having the resting hairs have grown in from the first patch I did and we're going to start back on that after we finish up the second patch.

Nono, i haven't done it, but i've started growing hair like crazy on my back, i've contemplated it here lately just seeing how it was going for you.

Oh. So far so good. I don't know how long it's going to take me to get everything. My back, relatively speaking, is probably not that hairy as far as hairy backs go.

Right now I've done 8 hours I think (I do hour sessions). I'm guessing I'm probably looking at somewhere between 15-25 hours total. 25 is probably high, but I don't know how many times I'll have to go back over an area. I will say the areas I've done where the resting hairs are growing back in is much, much thinner than it was.

It's not the most comfortable thing in the world, but it's more of a mind over matter thing. They also make a numbing cream you can use, but I don't bother because I wouldn't be able to put it on myself and you need to have it on for like 3 hours prior to treatment.

When I was doing my research, I read that laser hair removal was better than electrolysis. It was so long ago that I don't remember the specifics. However, that's why I went for laser hair removal for my neck.

At the risk of being phobic or something. . . There just seems to be something wrong with guys waxing, lasering, or having electrolosys.

At the risk of being phobic or something. . . There just seems to be something wrong with guys waxing, lasering, or having electrolosys.

I know what you mean but as a Venezuelan, I'm used to people wearing little to nothing on the beaches, and in the streets for that matter. :tongue: Having hair in the wrong places just isn't going to cut it - no pun intended. It's gotta be smooth, baby!

Top Bottom