What's new

Sandalwood soap search

I just received my DR Harris Sandalwood refill soap and as expected it'll fit perfectly in the Truefitt wooden bowl.
Any advice from anyone on anything that I should do to prepare the soap at all?

I just received my DR Harris Sandalwood refill soap and as expected it'll fit perfectly in the Truefitt wooden bowl.
Any advice from anyone on anything that I should do to prepare the soap at all?

Nice!

Splash a little water on the top of the puck as you soak your brush and it should be fine. Harris is one of my favourite soaps- I hope that you enjoy it!

Nice!
Splash a little water on the top of the puck as you soak your brush and it should be fine. Harris is one of my favourite soaps- I hope that you enjoy it!
I like the scent. It's not the sweet, woodsier sandalwood smell of the Truefitt and that I have in my favourite colognes but it's nice all the same. Thanks for the recommendation. Yours and other people's strong insistence on the quality of lather, lubrication, etc really sealed it. Plus, there's a guy on Youtube who tests different soaps and creams and he really showed it off well.

can anybody compare the Dr. Harris and Trumpers for me? i have the skinfood and now i wonder what the soaps are like.

The scents of the soaps are completely different but the biggest difference is that Harris performs wonderfully and Trumper is a joke since the last reformulation. Trumper creams are still well thought of.

i really like the trumpers sandalwood skinfoods scent. Darn them xD

Trumper's shaving cream is still very much worth trying. I had the Sandalwood many years back (before I started to shave exclusively with soap) and it was an interesting and quite "ashy" scent.

If your concern is that your soap and after shave won't match, don't let it bother you. The scent of most soaps is gone after a rinse in any case and as these would be from a similar family, there should be no worry at all.

Trumper's shaving cream is still very much worth trying. I had the Sandalwood many years back (before I started to shave exclusively with soap) and it was an interesting and quite "ashy" scent.

If your concern is that your soap and after shave won't match, don't let it bother you. The scent of most soaps is gone after a rinse in any case and as these would be from a similar family, there should be no worry at all.
nah thats not whats bothering me. I just find it strange that lots of producer dont come up with a similar scented AS for their soaps. the trumers sandalwood EdC once smelled like the skinfood but they reformulated it as far as i know.
i dont have any sandalwood aftershaves but id like one. The Skinfood is good for my skin but its just not feeling like a propet AS. know what i mean?

Surprised nobody has mentioned Queen Charlotte Mysore Sandalwood.
One of the only soaps with authentic Mysore sandalwood essential oil.

Nice! Splash a little water on the top of the puck as you soak your brush and it should be fine. Harris is one of my favourite soaps- I hope that you enjoy it!
Enjoying it so far, but the problem I've had for years is that I can't seem to keep my brush and bowl to stay warm beyond my first pass. It's annoying and I think contributes to my lather being less dense and my shaves sometimes being less pleasant than they should be.

Enjoying it so far, but the problem I've had for years is that I can't seem to keep my brush and bowl to stay warm beyond my first pass. It's annoying and I think contributes to my lather being less dense and my shaves sometimes being less pleasant than they should be.

A scuttle is probably what you need or you can simply float a bowl in a sinkful of hot water. Leaving your brush in that bowl will help to keep it warm.

Glad that you like the soap!

Top Bottom