What's new

Has anyone tried Royal all purpose lotion?

I think these lotions are made in the bahamas, they have diferent scents like bay rum, vetiver, lime etc and they can be bought at around $40.
The thing is it doesnt state anywhere that this is a cologne or an aftershave or a mosturizer....
has anyone used this as an aftershave? if so...how is it?
thank you so much.

They are all alcohol aftershaves and they're pretty good. I have tried both the Lyme and Mandarin and enjoy them both. They are fairly expensive for what you get and they have no moisturizing properties to speak of (as far as I can tell) but they do have a very nice scent and function wonderfully as an a/s splash. I'm not into balm or milks and stick almost exclusively to splashes so these are right up my alley.

I would encourage you to check out shavingessentials.net as the Johns offer fantastic customer service and great prices. Last time I checked they were out of the Lyme though.

Additionally, there have been a few threads recently on other great lime/citrus scents, if that's what your after. Booster's Iced Lime, SCS Mediterranean Citrus, and TOBS Victorian Lime come to mind immediately.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
They are made in Bermuda, or in the US under license. Get the 8 oz bottle here http://www.beautifulperfumes.com/brands-r-royall-fragrances.html

They are meant to be used as both aftershave and cologne, so are maybe a bit more longlasting in the scent than some other aftershaves.

It's an alcohol-based splash, but there seems to be a bit of something in there that does a bit of moisturizing, compared to say Pinaud or TOBS aftershaves. IMHO, the lyme flavour is a bit too candy-like to be a first choice, but the others seem nice.

I use Royall Lyme from time to time - to me, it's a nice spicy & limey scent, heavy on the lime peel notes. Not too much of an "old man" smell (though I have a friend who's 80 and uses the stuff, so there you go). Cool bottle with the crown top. Great face burn after the shave, if that's your thing. I doctored mine up with a couple of mL of glycerin which gave it just enough moisture for me (otherwise it's just alcohol and scent). You can pick it up really cheap on Amazon, of all places.

However, the last time I put some on, SWMBO said "eww, you smell like garbage!", so I haven't used it much lately. :rolleyes5

Personally, I find them overpriced and I'm not crazy about them scent-wise (or duration of scent for that matter). But, a number of people here like them. YMMV, of course.

Royall Lyme is the nicest Lime scent out there, IMHO. It's got a definite lime tone, with some other speces thrown in, and not at all candy-like to me.

Hard to go wrong with this one.

Top Bottom