What's new

Cade tub vs tube

Hi all,I have heard cade in the tub is different from the cade in the tube, I was wondering how much different the cade tub is from the tube, is the performance better? And is it worth owning the tub if I already have the tube? Thanks

The tub is labeled "rich shave cream" and has 7 oz. in it, while the tube is roughly 5.2 oz. Again, the tub has more product in it (hence more costly) than the tube but I haven't noticed any difference in the performance between them. That said, YMMV.

Ye I heard the cream in the tub was better than the one in the tube, but now that they changed the one in the tube to be the same as the tub, there is no difference.

From what I heard, the old formula in the tube wasn't that good.

I have a question of my own to ask if that's ok. Do you guys know how the scent of the cream differs from the shaving soap and the balm? I love the scent on the balm, I know the scent on the puck is slightly different than the balm, I'm curious how the cream compares.

Last edited:
I used the old Cade in a tube a long while back before it was re formulated. I have since worked my way through 95% of a Cade tub in about 14 weeks. I was in the L'Occitaine shop on Monday to restock, (Cade is my holy grail now relegating MdC to a mere supporting actors role) and checked out the tube. It looks the same but the consistency seems slightly thinner,again I may be wrong and you would need to speak with the staff in the shop . If you check out the tub you will see how thick the cream really is .

I have a question of my own to ask if that's ok. Do you guys know how the scent of the cream differs from the shaving soap and the balm? I love the scent on the balm, I know the scent on the puck is slightly different than the balm, I'm curious how the cream compares.

I use the cream (tub), balm, and the soap. Strangely, IMO, all three smell different. The first 2 being closer to each other than the soap, which has a fresher, somewhat astringent or powdery note to it. Whereas the cream almost has a note of something like hand cream or cold cream.

The Balm smells the best to this nose. Doesn't last long though, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Top Bottom