What's new

Just got Schick Injector

Greeting,

I got Schick Injector off of eBay so I'm excited about getting it.

I have few questions if you gentlemen don't mind.

Is this model Schick Injector G? I'm not expert on SE razors so I dunno what to expect. I did quick research and apparently, there's G with blue handle but I don't know if this is true or not.

How long can the blades last when it is not being used? I also got the blades off of eBay for decent price.

I just hope that putting blade in this razor isn't too tricky. I saw couple of videos and it seems to be bit..... tricky.

Any tips for newbies like me?

Thanks for your time, gentlemen.

$$_57 (1).jpg$$_57 (2).jpg$$_57 (3).jpg$$_57 (4).jpg$$_57 (5).jpg

Its not that hard to put a blade in. If there is not a blade in there already then you will have to sacrifice a blade because you don't want to hit the blade posts it will take the edge away. so sacrifice one blade in there then put another in and you should be good to go . Its an easy process slide the " key " in and move the slide all the way to the right then slide it to the left , old blade pops out and new one slides in . Do it over a trash can or something to catch the old blade.

Its not that hard to put a blade in. If there is not a blade in there already then you will have to sacrifice a blade because you don't want to hit the blade posts it will take the edge away. so sacrifice one blade in there then put another in and you should be good to go . Its an easy process slide the " key " in and move the slide all the way to the right then slide it to the left , old blade pops out and new one slides in . Do it over a trash can or something to catch the old blade.

And just to be add a bit of detail, after you have the key in place and are starting to slide the blade in, you may have to finesse it a bit. The spring clamp leaves little room when there isn't a blade in it. This was never a problem with a brand new Schick, as they all came with a blade blank. Once you get it started, then you got it made.

Looks like this one - a G1 - I have one that comes in the red cardboard box.

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Image:Navy_Type_G_In_Case_JPG

-jim

Congratulations on your find. I think you will really enjoy your Schick. As long as the blades you use are stainless steel, they should last indefinitely in an unused razor.

Thanks so much, guys. Especially you, Jim. I'm happy to hear that mine is G1. I cannot wait to shave with it.

Nice find, the Blue handle is cool...great razors, I really like the Schicks that I have...
Word of advice, go with a light touch with the injectors...the blades are stiffer that a DE, so pressure is not required for a very close/smooth shave...enjoy.

Dell's not Dell's stupid autocorrect. I'm definitely getting one soon, probably this week since they have sparked my interest. The nice looking ones look to be about 25 dollars which is a lot cheaper than a cobra

Top Bottom