What's new

Any Indian blades comparable to GSB

Good question with an easy answer... Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum

proxy.php

Good question with an easy answer... Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum

Great blade. For me, it doesn't have the sharpness of a GSB but more than makes up for it with smoothness. It also lasts a long time. I've used them for 6 shaves; I usually need to bin blades after 3 shaves.

I have had good shaves from the Wilkies, also. Never tried the 7 O'clock blacks. Sounds like I need to.

For me, only the Blacks are comparable -- not the same, but comparable. Wilkinson India and Supermax Plats seemed clearly inferior to the GSBs, not just different. I'd take Astra or Rapira or Sputnik over the latter two Indian blades any day of the week. Since I think that GSB are even better...

$IMG_20150220_123404.jpg

These were the best blades produced in India. However they were offered for a brief period in 80s/90s and Gillette withdrew them for obvious reasons. Luckily I have a few packs stashed in the Bank vaults :p

Currently the best blade is supposedly the 7 o clock super platinum referred to in other replies. I'm not sure I would agree. When I last used them about ten years ago their performance was plain good (not worth the money since they were outrageously expensive by Indian standards). But the bigger problem is that the quality can yo-yo dramatically across batches, sometimes rendering them completely useless after a couple of shaves (especially with offer packs like 5+2).

Supermax platinum is far more consistent and a third the price. If one can find it of course.

This does give me an idea though. I have a handful of Indian DE blades that I'd like to offer to B&B members for trial. But let me check on the modalities before I make the offer.

7 o'clock super platinum (black). I used both the 7-O'CLock and the GSB in the last week. Both are good blades, but I find the Black 7-O'Clock to be smoother, sharper and more comfortable than the GSB.

My friend who lives in Hyderabad, India sends me a care package every year or so. The blacks are my faves. For me, personally, they are tied with my fave blade Polsilvers. Ymmmv

Top Bottom