What's new

ideas for razors and blade storage

I picked up this medicine storage box at "Wally"...
$image.jpg $image.jpg

I made a wooden grid and added some foam in a cigar box.

full
&original=1[/IMG]

I have maybe around 100 blades just in their wrappers in a business card box & boxed blades in a 50 cal ammo box.

How do you get such a gorgeous look on those razors? Were they all NIB when you bought them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another vote for cigar boxes, this one was the ideal size fir a couple of Razors. I have a few more waiting to be re-purposed.

$image.jpg

$image.jpg

How do you get such a gorgeous look on those razors? Were they all NIB when you bought them?

No, most looked pretty rough when i bought them.

I had all of the Gillette's re-plated, except for the Red Tip Rocket which i repainted, the nickel is still pretty good on that one.

Aristocrat #15, Old Type, New Improved, NEW SC and NEW LC RFB in rhodium --> Clicky Clicky

Aristocrat #16, Old Type Goodwill, English NEW Goodwill, NEW Deluxe 15mm, NEW Deluxe 17mm in black chrome --> Clicky

Red Tip repainted --> Clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
was just wondering whether boxes exist for storing blades, and came across a couple of pics.

proxy.php

id be interested in any ideas you have for tidying up the ever growing array of razors and blades please. cigar boxes, tupperware, what have you come across to store your gear in?

DUDE! Couple weeks ago I was planning to build a box like that! I had drawn and measured everything so it would fit 1000 Astra SP's and a holder for a brush and 5 razors. Due lack of time I was never able to finish everything. I might continue this project some day.

I use an old silverware box that I snagged out of the bay. These can be found in thrift shops too and for not a lot of $$$. Velvet lined, would be good for straights as well as safety razors. I throw a desiccant pack in each tier but that may be overkill. Box lives in a deep drawer in my vanity. I got a two-level box; singles are plentiful and cheap.

Sorry about the sideways pics, posting from my phone.

$IMG_20150304_100035.jpg
$IMG_20150304_100910.jpg

I use an old silverware box that I snagged out of the bay. These can be found in thrift shops too and for not a lot of $$$. Velvet lined, would be good for straights as well as safety razors. I throw a desiccant pack in each tier but that may be overkill. Box lives in a deep drawer in my vanity. I got a two-level box; singles are plentiful and cheap.

Sorry about the sideways pics, posting from my phone.

View attachment 554341
View attachment 554342

That is nice looking.

Nice dice!

I think that the cigar box lined in velvet is the classy way to go. I now have 2 of the 2-pistol boxes ($12-ish off of Amazon.com each) and they work fine for something utilitarian.

Top Bottom