What's new

ideas for razors and blade storage

was just wondering whether boxes exist for storing blades, and came across a couple of pics.

proxy.php

proxy.php

id be interested in any ideas you have for tidying up the ever growing array of razors and blades please. cigar boxes, tupperware, what have you come across to store your gear in?

I made a wooden grid and added some foam in a cigar box.

full
&original=1[/IMG]

I have maybe around 100 blades just in their wrappers in a business card box & boxed blades in a 50 cal ammo box.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found that Plano Stowaway boxes can work well for both razors and blades. The ones with movable dividers are especially helpful. They're not the most aesthetically pleasing, but they're functional.

Also, tins for mints can work pretty well. The Altoids Smalls tins work well for travel purposes to hold a tuck of blades.

I picked up one of these at a local antique mall; there are a couple out on the Bay for ~$100. I plan to polish it, remove the glass cover, and build it into a drawer under my sink.

$gill1-1.jpg

I made a wooden grid and added some foam in a cigar box.

full
&original=1[/IMG]

I have maybe around 100 blades just in their wrappers in a business card box & boxed blades in a 50 cal ammo box.

That looks very organised, especially like the razor head compartments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed - lovely setup and a superb collection of gear.

Can I ask what is the handle positioned next to the razor heads? very nice.

Thanks guys :001_smile

The handle next to the razor heads part is a UFO Kaiser Short. The other side is a Weber Bulldog which is slightly shorter.

The foam has cut outs at each end so the handles cant move.

I live in small quarters and lack spare storage space of any kind. What works for me is to keep the blades in their original boxes, and I have put up a store-bought shelf set over the commode tank. I use zipties or coat-hanger hook to hang currently used blade boxes, or a sampler pack in a plastic bag, from the shelving rods. When my copper Turkish shaving bowl arrives I should be able to hang it similarly. Nothing can go into the shave den if it is not storage-friendly. Since this photo I acquired a repurposed carousel-like pipe rack that will hold up to 7 razors, and I hope not go acquire beyond that.

$Capture1.JPG

Top Bottom