What's new

Which FaTip?

Hello gents,

I already own a Fatip Piccolo and I love the way it shaves but the handle is a bit too short and thin. I have a sale pending on the Piccolo and I want to replace it with a Grande. The question is what plating? Nikel,chrome, gold? Fatip in general are not famous for their perfect plating but hey you get what you pay for. I have stumbled on some review that say the chrome plating is the worst. What would you suggest?

Thanks,

Georgi

I own the FaTip Grande in nickel as I consider it a classic finish for razors. I've heard some say that the black version has issues sometimes, but I'm not speaking from personal experience.

Best of luck to you. They really are wonderful razors!

I've got a number of the fatips and have had no problems at all. I've had a UFO handle modified to fit the fatip head and have had some great shaves with it.

Next time, don't sell your Fatip. Just get a better handle for it.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...-thread-post-all-here!!?p=7081337#post7081337

Weber Bulldog works very well:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the gold finish then dropped it and broke both pins off but the finish was good. I also have the black (anthracite) used just 3 times has a good finish but it is not a iKon or DLC Weber finish. Also have 3 ultimate fatip (Joris) razors and the smooth palladium finish does improve the shave.

Next time, don't sell your Fatip. Just get a better handle for it.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...-thread-post-all-here!!?p=7081337#post7081337

Weber Bulldog works very well:

Agreed, I bought a handle from the 'bay and luckily it fit my FaTip. The added weight and knurling made my Nickel Grande much better -- for me. I say get a nickel Grande I have the Black Grande also, and the finish is rubbing off. I have no use for the handle, but the thin handle of the Piccolo (despite being heavier) doesn't feel right in my hands.

I only have one FaTip. The Grande in chrome. I would like it in nickel if I had a choice. But, I now have a Weber Bulldog stainless handle that is a better match than the FaTip stock handle. The threads fit on mine but I had to add a small washer to take up some slack.

I love my Fatip in nickel. I found it to be flawless. The handle that came with it is just fine. I agree with what 'Penknight' said above, the nickle finish is the classic razor finish, along with gold. It's just sweet looking.

$Fatip_Arko.jpg
$Fatip.jpg

Check with Italian Barber or BullGoose to confirm, but I believe all Fatip razor heads are identical. Only the plating and handle size are different.

Thanks! I ordered a Grande Nickle a few days ago. Now the agony beggins. Oh the wayting, tho my Pearl OC came in today. That should keep me company (nice razor by the way and dirt cheap)

I'm in a situation similar to yours. I have ordered a Fatip but have my apprehensions about the size of the handle.

I dont think the Grande's handle is that much bigger. I suppose substituting the handle may be the only solution.

That said the Fatip screw thread is a bit different and may not take the regular razor handles.

Top Bottom