What's new

Pilot Prera .

One of these caught my eye on Amazon the other day ... anyone have one of these?

It's the older model, not the new, clear models.

I have one in ivory. It's nice, but definitely a pocket/portable pen. I'm not sure that I'd use it to write long missives.

I have one in gray, it is very smooth and as stated in the previous post, a great pocket pen for notes and signatures.

My daughter gave me one, and it writes every time, evan after a week, lightweight, in your pocket pen. It also has a fine nib, which i like. I decided to buy a higher end pilot , stargazer. Or something like that. I

My dad has a blue one and I've used it now and then. It's lightweight but feels solid enough. Build quality is high, and the nib is on the fine side of medium. It writes effortlessly, no undue scratchiness. Pilot blue ink is the perfect companion.

We both like it despite having large hands.

I had one of these coming to me, but it may have been lost in the mail. Will definitely want to try one still.

My dad has a blue one and I've used it now and then. It's lightweight but feels solid enough. Build quality is high, and the nib is on the fine side of medium. It writes effortlessly, no undue scratchiness. Pilot blue ink is the perfect companion.

We both like it despite having large hands.

I agree. I have wanted a (neon) green Prera for a long time, and that price pushed me over the edge. This is a fantastic little pen, imo. Reviews I read mentioned the nibs being on the fine side, so I went with a medium. It's perfect. It's a smooth, wet-ish writer. I wear medium or large gloves, depending on the brand, and I don't feel I have to post the cap to write comfortably. I probably would if I were using it for a longer writing session. As it stands, this is a great inexpensive pen to take on trips or to a workplace where one might be concerned about it getting lost or damaged. I prefer my Prera's medium nib to the medium on my Metropolitan (gave that to a friend a while back). On sale, this pen is tough to beat for the money, and I like it so much, I ordered one for my fiancée's birthday.

-Andy

Just noticed: This medium Prera lays down a line that is the same width as that produced by my Pilot Vanishing Point's fine nib. This could be a function of different inks (Pilot Black vs. Diamine Damson), but I thought it was interesting. The Prera is the smoother writer, as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom