What's new

Has anyone had experience with Valobra soaps?

I do not care for the Valobra soft shave soaps at all. The hard shave soap on the other hand is in my top 3 greatest soaps ever! I prefer the unscented version, but that's just my personal taste.

The hard soap is outstanding. I have only used the old tallow AoS. I consider it my best soap.

I would not call the old AoS sandalwood scent light. It stays with you for a couple of hours.

Don't have it but definitely on my wish list. I heard too much good things about their hard pucks to ignore.

Don't have it but definitely on my wish list. I heard too much good things about their hard pucks to ignore.

Personally I don't like any of the scents except for the unscented version which has a light soapy/clay smell which I like. Performance is Stellar, you won't be disappointed!

Personally I don't like any of the scents except for the unscented version which has a light soapy/clay smell which I like. Performance is Stellar, you won't be disappointed!

Wait, I do have the old AOS tallow and this was made by Valobra, correct? If so, I have 3 pucks in my den. I love the sandalwood :)

Wait, I do have the old AOS tallow and this was made by Valobra, correct? If so, I have 3 pucks in my den. I love the sandalwood :)
Whoa, you have to be careful... that concentrated a dose of AOS sandalwood scent is not good for your shave health. In fact it just may destroy your olfactory sense rendering all other soap scents inferior. What you should do for the sake of your shave health is sell me a puck!!
:lol:

Valobra is a strange one, the lather fells distinctively different from other soaps, is that jut me?

It is very slick and fells very compact. It s not as cushiony or fluffy as other soaps but i great great results shaving with it.

Is it just me ?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
+3 on the AoS (Valobra) Sandalwood ..."+3" in this case means I have three of them!

Lather so cushiony-thick, it'll gum up your adjustable- forcing you to "wipe blade" ... thusly voiding warranty .. :lol:

AA

Valobra is a strange one, the lather fells distinctively different from other soaps, is that jut me?

It is very slick and fells very compact. It s not as cushiony or fluffy as other soaps but i great great results shaving with it.

Is it just me ?

I find that it has a very smooth, silky feel like many other higher end soaps and creams. I get a lot of cushion but it depends on the amount of water and product I use I find. I can get it really thick or rather thin but it's always super slick either way.

It is my understanding that the tallow version of AoS soap was made by Valobra, however, when you compare the ingredients, the formulas are different. So you can't really say that if you've tried AoS tallow, that you've tried Valobra soap. I've tried AoS Tallow, Valobra Stick, Valobra Hard soap, and Valobra hard soap.

AoS Tallow is far, far better than any of Valobra's branded offerings. I have never had much luck using Valobra's Stick. And I purchased a puck of Valobra's Fougere, hoping it was going to be the next best thing in shaving. I loved the scent, but could not get great performance out of it. The only Valobra product that I really love is their soft soap. As far as soft soaps (croaps) go, I like it better than Cella. Which is interesting because Valobra's soft soap has no tallow, and Cella does.

Just my opinion, YMMV.

It is my understanding that the tallow version of AoS soap was made by Valobra, however, when you compare the ingredients, the formulas are different. So you can't really say that if you've tried AoS tallow, that you've tried Valobra soap. I've tried AoS Tallow, Valobra Stick, Valobra Hard soap, and Valobra hard soap.

AoS Tallow is far, far better than any of Valobra's branded offerings. I have never had much luck using Valobra's Stick. And I purchased a puck of Valobra's Fougere, hoping it was going to be the next best thing in shaving. I loved the scent, but could not get great performance out of it. The only Valobra product that I really love is their soft soap. As far as soft soaps (croaps) go, I like it better than Cella. Which is interesting because Valobra's soft soap has no tallow, and Cella does.

Just my opinion, YMMV.

The differences in formulas are minor with many of the apparent differences only being due to naming convesions (e.g. zea mays = corn oil and Cocoas Nucierfra=coconut oil) with the only difference I can really see is is the addition of potassium cocoate in Valobra plus a few minor preservatives, which might only be omitted in the AOS due to difference in labelling laws. I find no difference in performance. I'm very puzzled as to why you are having issues with the hard soaps from Valobra.

I have got Valobra Cologne Puck and Valobra Stick. Performance of both these soaps is just outstanding. Great cushion and slickness ! I like the stick more than the cologne puck.

Just my opinion, YMMV.

That makes me feel better, i don't get the incredible performances everyone is raving about.

That makes me feel better, i don't get the incredible performances everyone is raving about.
That's completely normal for shaving items. Even the best soaps rarely, if ever, have nothing but positive reviews. For some reason there is almost no product that is universally adored, YMMV!

I have one of the hard travel sticks, probably 6-7 years old now and still good. Scent is nothing to write home about but it gives a good lather. Best thing is that it is so much smaller than other sticks such as Arko, probably about 1/4 the volume, leaving more space in my travel bag.

I have been using three of the hard pucks for about a year now: Fougere, Cologne and Unscented. I also have been using the vegan Almond soft soap/croap and travel with the shave stick. All perform incredibly well. They are all top tier soaps that load easily, make excellent lather and provide excellent shaves.

Top Bottom