What's new

Anybody else have a "coolong" aftershave?

BTW - I can't tell what the batch number (if that's what it is) is on the middle bottle in the photo. Mine is 13-4706 (see first photo in thread). Do they match? If so, I suppose it could just be the batch, or if it is in fact an imposter, a "hard-coded" batch number?
It's fun to speculate....

Last edited:
There's a market for everything if you bother. When Aqua Velva and Skin Bracer is under three dollars, look how many people still use the dollar store versions.

BTW - I can't tell what the batch number (if that's what it is) is on the middle bottle in the photo. Mine is 13-4706 (see first photo in thread). Do they match?

I seem to recall them being the same when I was comparing them, but I'll check when I get home.

I was browsing and old thread and came across a pic I had posted of a pharmacy in my neighborhood. Sure enough, it showed a suspicious bottle of the Veg, but too blurry to see "coolong" clearly. That picture was taken last summer.

I decided that I would stop in today and see if they were still selling these bottles, and as it turns out, they still are:

$coolong veg.jpg

Last edited:
BTW - I can't tell what the batch number (if that's what it is) is on the middle bottle in the photo. Mine is 13-4706 (see first photo in thread). Do they match? If so, I suppose it could just be the batch, or if it is in fact an imposter, a "hard-coded" batch number?
It's fun to speculate....

You can't make it out in my photo, but it does indeed say batch # 13-4706.

Here's a thought......Many claim to smell Cat pee in the Veg while many others say they don't smell it. Is it possible that this suspicious version of the Veg has the urine scent but the normal version does not (or vice versa)?

You can't make it out in my photo, but it does indeed say batch # 13-4706.
Same on all my bottles, both labels. Curious that only the large bottles have this number and the labels on the small bottles do not, at least mine don't.

Here's a thought......Many claim to smell Cat pee in the Veg while many others say they don't smell it. Is it possible that this suspicious version of the Veg has the urine scent but the normal version does not (or vice versa)?

Both smell the same to me.

I just received a large bottle last week. I read about the irregular label, and discovered that my new bottle is from batch #13-4706 and exhibits the same differences as mentioned above.
Is the stuff "counterfeit", or is it a label problem within that batch?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I wouldn't be surprised if Pinaud has more than one supplier for labels (and maybe even bottles), and I would be even less surprised if one of those suppliers was not a native (or even accomplished) English speaker.

Is the stuff "counterfeit", or is it a label problem within that batch?
Well, that's the question we're trying to answer in this thread.
At this point though, considering how many bottles with these funky labels there seem to be, and from different suppliers, I am inclined to say these are label aberrations.

I heard back from West Coast Shaving.
They checked their inventory, and it all has the same misspelled label.
I was assured that they purchase directly from the manufacturer, the product is legitimate, and that it must be a label error.
For me, the mystery is resolved.:thumbup1:

For me, the mystery is resolved.:thumbup1:

No way, man. That's just what The Veg Illuminati wants you to think. West Coast Shaving must be in on it, too. They're selling us counterfeit Veg so that they can divert the real stuff to the Air Force so that can use Veg contrails to control our minds, man.

Wake up, sheeple!

Top Bottom