What's new

Which three controversial products are you most curious about?

Not sure if these are controversial but I'm more intrigued if they are worth the price maybe?

1. Martin De Candre
2. iKon Slant
3. Chubby 2

This thread is interesting to me, especially regarding scents. I love the Veg, Tabac and Kouros cologne, and am always looking for more scents deemed vile by others.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
1. HTGAM/ Phoenix AA soaps. I have a HTGAM aftershave that I absolutely love. I used to hear great things about their soaps before the rebranding.

2. Pre-shave oils. I haven't found or made one that I thought was worth it, but I've only tried 5 or 6 different brands/ recipes.

3. Slant razors. Since I can get a BBS shave with my non-slant DE, and I'm working on a BBS with my straight, I don't see the point in having a slant.

I've tried a bunch of pre-shaves: Proraso, TOBS, Village Barber, Trumper skin food. Go straight to Myrsol Emulsion, when you take the plunge. Expensive, but a bottle will be a lifetime supply for all but the very young.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
1--The Veg

2--Tabac (although I'm not so worried about this, as I have fond but vague, childhood memories of the scent)

3--Derby blade (signed up for a passaround)

(Czech are good. Russian are good. Ukrainian :a23:)

i think all ive got is the veg... ive sniffed the sample.. but i hear thats not going to do it. that to really find out if youve been chosen you have to fill a tub with it and bathe.

arko was on my list until last week, ive found the smell is AWFUL at first... but then once in use... its not so bad. and its a lather beast

tabac was on my list until last night, my tub came in and i am absolutely in love

gold dollar was on my list, but i got one, shaved with it... its not my favorite, but certainly not a BAD razor in my limited experience

PAA Soaps were on my list, but i found some locally and gave them a try... and while im still on the fence about the whole scandal thing, i have found the soaps to be some of my favorites in my collection

maybe im just a sucker for controversial things... but by and large the things that people either love and hate im a pretty big fan of.

Most controversial items I would be curious about:
1. Muhle R41
2. Shaving oil
3. Simpson badger brushes

As to some of the controversial ones mentioned above, and elsewhere, I have/will replenished my supply of:
Lilac Vegetal
Tabac shave soap
Tabac aftershave
Arko
Derby blades
Great products for me.

1. Rockwell razor. Are they going to polish the base plates? Will most buyers stick with one plate and let the others collect dust?
2. Pre shave oils. Do they make much of a difference if you shower before shaving?
3. Any new Gillette cartridge razor. How many more "advancements" will they come up with before one flops?

Top Bottom