What's new

The Gun that doen't exist, what would you like to have?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
What gun that is not made would you like to have? I'm thinking something along the lines of a S&W K frame revolver, blue steel, 4 inch barrel chambered in .32 H&R mag / .327 Federal mag "Kit gun" variety. Something to go afield with and a bit more to offer than .22 LR/.22WMR. Commercially impractical, so therefore not made. A modern 32-20. I have a Ruger Blackhawk .32 H&R with a 32-20 cylinder with 7 1/2 in. barrel, and another Birdshead gripped 4 in. .32 H&R, but they are of course SA. Ruger makes a DA gun in .327, a GP 101 varient I believe, but I want a beautiful S&W K frame Kit gun. What do you want that is not made?

Oh it exists but will never get out in the wild again (at least not in my lifetime).

1907 - 45 cal US Army test Luger

2 were made. 1 was destroyed in the salt/brine tank test. The other one surfaced and was sold in 1989 for $1M then promptly disappeared again

proxy.php

What gun that is not made would you like to have? I'm thinking something along the lines of a S&W K frame revolver, blue steel, 4 inch barrel chambered in .32 H&R mag / .327 Federal mag "Kit gun" variety. Something to go afield with and a bit more to offer than .22 LR/.22WMR. Commercially impractical, so therefore not made. A modern 32-20. I have a Ruger Blackhawk .32 H&R with a 32-20 cylinder with 7 1/2 in. barrel, and another Birdshead gripped 4 in. .32 H&R, but they are of course SA. Ruger makes a DA gun in .327, a GP 101 varient I believe, but I want a beautiful S&W K frame Kit gun. What do you want that is not made?

I have a J-frame S&W 431PD which is as close as you can get without breaking the bank. S&W Made what you talk of in 32 Mag only which featured a full lug barrel in the Model 16. I'd love to see a 7/8 shot variant to take advantage of the smaller caliber.

I'd like to see this in an 8 shot based on the L-frame in 3" barrel. Perfect do all, might as well make it 327 Federal for wider appeal.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
There are/were a number of "American Eagle" .45 ACP Lugers made and I believe someone made some replicas of those original guns. Your wish has been granted, sort of...

I did see one that no one has talked about in Shreveport La. in the R.W. Norton Art Gallery about 30 years ago. They had a rather nice firearms collection and a 45 cal Luger was one of the models on display.

All I have read says that only 2 were made but the Norton still has one and no one there know anything about it other than it was in the collection when the museum was started.

Well they now have it cataloged but not much info

http://www.rwnaf.org/collections/item?id=483

A Ruger Mk 3 chambered in a center fire round. Sort of a marriage between it and an Automag. An Automag is kind of close but I'll never own one. I'd settle for a phaser though. Hope they run on AAs.

Oh, and I'd like to see S&W bring back the K frame 357 combat magnum. Yes, I know there made enough that I'll never see them be too scarce but it's a shame. I think they have the Model 10 in their classic lineup in production. Where's the 19!? 38s are great. 357s are (more) great.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
There are a lot of great vintage S&W and Colts that are no longer made, but what about the gun/caliber combo that was NEVER made that you'd like to see?

I'd like to see the Colt Python return to vendor shelves,
6" blue for me.

It would cost $2500-$3000 because Colt doesn't even own the machinery to make them anymore. It would have to be a from scratch new design that could be made on modern CNC machines. It wouldn't be a real Python only a new garter snake.

As to the gun that doesn't exist, I want a factory made lever action rifle based on the Winchester 92 chambered in 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP. And you could also throw in 10mm as well. A ten shot 16" barrel lever gun is darned handy to carry, fast to the shoulder, and deadly.

All these handgun rounds would gain about 20-30% in muzzle velocity and energy. A handy rifle that shoots the same rounds as your pistol in a time tested and robust design. Gee it's an idea that seems relevant.

And by the way, no gun banners fear the lever gun, it doesn't look dangerous.

And for those who likely will say it, "I'd rather have 30-50 rounds of blah-blah-blah"
I leave you with this thought,

If 19 rounds in my Glock pistol and 10 rounds from my lever action aren't enough rounds, then I ought to be running rather than fighting.

If 19 rounds in my Glock pistol and 10 rounds from my lever action aren't enough rounds, then I ought to be running rather than fighting.

Naw.... That's when you grab the 100 round drum and pull back the bolt on the old Thompson. That's enough on it's own to turn most advisories very pale.

proxy.php

I would love to have a Smith and Wesson Performance Center 686, setup for IDPA competition. 6-shot cylinder cut for full moon clips with chamfered bores, 4 inch barrel, tuned trigger, competition wood grips similar to their JM 625, and maybe high-vis sights. That would be one sweet shooting .357...

Top Bottom